Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Style changes to "Hallowe'en" when I login

Options
  • 28-10-2006 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Hey, hope this hasn't been posted before, i had a look and couldn't find anything on it

Basically everytime I login to Boards, it displays the Thank you for logging in screen, then when the page reloads, the style changes to the hallowe'en one.
    I change it back to my regular one (White) but every time I logout and log back in again, it happens again!
    Anybody have an explanation as to why this happens or how I can stop it (or does it happen to everybody!?) Any help would be greatly appreciated as it's quite irritating...

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That's annoying! And it's not the prettiest of skins imo.

Have you tried clearing your cookies and your internet cache for starters?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

OK I've just tried logging out and clearing my cookies and cache but same thing happens when I log back in again! I tried logging in using IE aswell but same again (I'm using FF)
    The only way I can seem to keep it on White is by ticking "Remember me" when logging in, and changing the style to White when it logs me in. Unfortunately, in college, the browser cache and cookies are automatically cleared every time I log out so the remember me box is useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You know, I think I had that problem once and I was using two computers at the time. I changed styles on my work pc but then changed them back on the home pc and still had weird problems like this.

If you are using two computers - do the same log out - clear cache/cookies on the other one also.

Your user profile is set to default to the halloween style, so maybe an Admin can force it to default.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Gordon wrote:
    You know, I think I had that problem once and I was using two computers at the time. I changed styles on my work pc but then changed them back on the home pc and still had weird problems like this.

If you are using two computers - do the same log out - clear cache/cookies on the other one also.

Your user profile is set to default to the halloween style, so maybe an Admin can force it to default.

I was wondering if there was a default style alright. I've got a friend who's a mod, I might consult him!
    I'll try clearin the cache & cookies on both pcs while logging out too and see if it helps.
    Thanks for your help Gordon, much appreciated!

Advertisement