Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom installed fees at the moment

Options
  • 28-10-2006 5:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

For the square-panted bad boy or anyone else that can answer: what's eircom's install fee at the moment? For new lines (physically, but never activated).

Thanks,
    adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Eircom wrote:
    Be connected for FREE
    Between now and 28th November you can connect your eircom phoneline for FREE.
    Ths FREE offer is available where all line work is completely in place - check how you can be connected with eircom.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

There's Ts&Cs attached though, for lines that are connected but not connected, if you get my drift. I've decided to go with a wireless operator and VOIP, but thanks for posting.

Mods, feel free to delete.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

When I ordered a phone line a few weeks ago, Eircom assured me that the connection would be free. Several "sales" people at Eircom confirmed this, but after I actually placed the order, they sent me an invoice demanding €129, so I told them to **** off. I should probably report this to the ODCA and ComReg...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

When I moved back to eircom from defunct Chorus Wireless Local Loop, they wanted to charge me install (to reactivated the line). They put it on 3 bills. I payed each bill promptly and phoned and complained. The charge was not on 4th bill.

I went to Chorus in the first place because of a line fault they wouldn't fix. Thankfully after only 1 month argueing they did come out and replace the faulty cable connection 30m away in cabinet. Dialup went from erratic 19k with often hangup immediate after connect to 42k. Previously I had spent to years telling them it was faulty and they denied it because exchange based test passed. Comreg contacted etc etc..

Of course with each move from / to line I got a different 061 number too at my same address. Now with my change last November I have a 4th 061 number. Who said there is number portability on other than mobile phones? Yet if I move down the street or accross the village I can keep my current eircom number.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Eircom tried to charge me with connection fee as well when I got my line installed around 2 months ago. Line work was all in place and there was a number here before. When I got the bill with the charge I called them up but they refused to take the charge off the bill. The woman on the phone pretty much refused to listen to anything I was saying.
    I then emailed their complaints crowd and a couple of weeks later I got a call apologizing and telling me that the charge would be removed. I ended up only paying eircom about 25 euro altogether before I moved to BT.

• Advertisement
Advertisement