Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bonnet paint damaged by chippings

Options
  • 28-10-2006 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

The bonnet of my polo has been marked by road chippings. Normally you see one or two small marks on the front of cars but mine is completely covered. Ive put in a picture but its from a camera phone so the quality isnt the best.

Anyone able to recommend something i can use to sort it out or is this just something i have to put up with. I have used a wax stick to cover over the holes to try and reduce the chance of rust but the marks are still very noticeable.
    2810061720bo0.th.jpg

Its a 99 Polo but i know it will make a difference when it comes to trading the car in which i was hoping to do in a few months. The rest of the car is fine but the damn bonnet looks like someone used it for target practice with a catapult.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You can touch it in with a paint stick, but it will still be noticeable. The only way to really fix it is to respray the bonnet. If I were you, I'd just live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Tbh all our cars are pretty badly chipped. Not much you can do to stop it apart from those hideous "bras". Not really noticible enough to get resprayed IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Now that you mention it, I think mine's a bit chipped too. That said, I'd spend about as much time looking at the front of my car as I would looking at the underside.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have plenty of chips on my bonnet. The worst happened this year in France when I driving (:D) along and an oncoming car flicked a large stone which made a thumbprint sized dent on the passenger side corner just above the headlamp.
    I'll get a new bonnet sometime!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

I saw a clear flim applied to the front of a car on a tv program it was put on to prevent chipping. Anybody ever hear of it.

It went on similar to a window tint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Anan1 wrote:
    Now that you mention it, I think mine's a bit chipped too. That said, I'd spend about as much time looking at the front of my car as I would looking at the underside.

I kinow what you mean about not noticing it, it only started bothering me when other people mentioned it. Now its all i see when i look at the car. Ah well feck it ill live with it till i get a new one.

Advertisement