Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JeetKuneDo free invite in bangkok

• 28-10-2006 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

:) hello chaps,please exuse poor writting
    I,am in LA attending the Sifu Ted Wongs JKD seminar, Sifu Ted really is the only one who teaches JKD these days, the others, who may be skilled, have something good, nice people,etc, etc( most are just nuts though:eek: ) simply do not teach JKD, most of time not even close, frankly its almost embarassing to see most of them, like the Ninpo ( ninjutsu)people, anyway, I was about to give up on JKD until I found Sifu Mark Sifu Drew, and Sifu Ted, as soon as saw I knew I had found true JKD, the work of a genius, continued today by his dedicated top student, a genius in his own right.
    :) I love this so much, that I want share with any earnst,sincere chaps, next year I intend to take the plunge , and devote 1 whole year to intense training in Bangkok, Thailand,it will consist of 4 x2 hour daytime private lessons per week, 3 weeks per month,11 months of that year. I may just pick up a tiny bit about true JKD is all about.If anyone is in b,kok, you,re welcome to jump in and try my priavtes, for free, no $$$,no catches, you don,t even have to laugth at my jokes, let my racist remarks slide:D just let me know JKD,s great, let jump in:)
    you can all attend the normal group classes also, BJJ, savate, boxing, muaythai,
    berst wish
    charley

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Millionaire

Hi Charley

I will be up for the occassional saturdays and weekend seminars.

Weekdays I cannot due to businesss/work

I hear from on of the lads in BKK you were a fairly handy man at sparring when we were posting on another forum www.thaivisa.com the other day see sports section of forum under Krav Maga in pattaya post my me, Gerry290

Why not make some youtube.com footage like I did of my thai training, and post it up for us? my vids were recorded on a cell pone cam and quality is ok.

Yeah I am real keep to learn some REAL JKD....there is a group in Belfast who are under www.hardcorejkd.com Mark Lamar from USA.any opitions?

Is there any Muay Thai influence, in the JKD since we all live in Thailand, and I know Sifu Mark studied Thai to?

Is he moving to BKK from Singapore?. was in singapore for 5 days last month but was too sick to look up training, and anyway Orchard Tower had nicer attractions! ;-) bloody expensive.....glad to be back in to Land of the Smiles 1000 bhat heaven! LOL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 charley lucky

:d

:) oops, still not used to these things
    hear what you say about livin in pattaya, we,ll make something work to maximise benifits,no point in you comin all that way for little, although better than nothing, JKD is not about adding techniques, its about practising what you know,refining, people go on 'technique' hunts, a new fad in this, or that,good to look at though,we hear about all this nonsense, JKD ground, JKD original, old, middle, JKD shooting, now, its the 27 gates, poor old bruce would be turning in his grave
    in fact there are very few in it, apx( don,t quote me),5 punches, 6 kicks, and they look far far differnet from anything the Insanto , lamar,s, etc teach ( no disrespect, what they do looks good, effective, but it ain,t JKD)
    also, marks wants to open class in pattaya, what d,you think? could work? Please advise. I want ladys self defence, child safety,any ideas?
    I like JKD because I loved fencing, JKD is best describe as fencing with no swords, it is very strategic, most footwork, people see it and some easily bored, it share some simelar with muaythai,the kicks are more speedy, savatish, JKD is a shoe art, like fencing, savate, precision, and much harder to make work, the punches a blend of most boxing with that wingchunee feel, there is no trapping, bar one, bruce, in the last stages of his life threw it out
    why? ever seen a trap work? theres you answer, why spend so long trying to get a technique that goes agaisnt natuarl body, when you could be going with the flow
    muaythai is a war of attritian ( is that right?) hit me 10 times, but I hit you 11 times, so I win, JKD is about landing one coup de grace, about non contact, avoid,its much harder to get down pat, in MT one learns to get hit, recevice, be strong, they,re the best at this...no one can argue,but anyone who trains like that will be hot, I see western boxers floor muaythai time and time again , they train same way, and these poorchaps are fighting to feed themselves, if I did taichi and was fighting to feed my family I,d have a right go( mind I got floored as champ kickboxer in 1983 by old tachi man in malaya I made fun of, did,nt do that again!,don,t knock things when don,t understand, exept women, and don,t even go there... I mean in thailand, its like they,re from another planet, cute though
    please check out JKD,mark will move if I commit, I,ll try my best to do so, I want share this great art with earnest folk best I can , Mark maybe go back USA later, and we,ll lose a great, nice teacher, maybe we could stop that, keep him there by having nice class, or report him to US immegration!!!;)
    yep, s,pore is too costly, the girls, a bit stuck up, not all some, I love thailand, I mean, where else can you buy a women for less than a big mac in the states:D

yeah... JKD may work in Pattaya they got full time TKD and Yoga..so why not JKD.
    I was thinking at one stage of doing RBSD/mixed with KM, get a training group once a week, but I got on patince for people who whine if they get a slap....so I decided to pass for the moment, and traing daily in Thai.

Count me in, if it comes to Pattaya.

You know how thailand works better than me....so???? I am not sure.

Only thing about JKD...it seems to operate from a sparring/fight idea, while alot of street fights do not kick off like that. do you train that way too?

Cheers

Gerry

hi there
    I,am back now, knackerd, anyway, great semens, all fooworks,Sifu Ted is 70 odd,till moves like lighting,nailed a boxer with a jab from nowhere with speed/footwork, a beaty to behold
    No, JKD does not have those standard self defecne drills, as you say, they only start from a mutual en gaurd postion, I should add, that in my opinion, that there are several areas such as these that JKD does NOT address, nor shold try and do so, there is no face lost when somone admits that there art is lacking, genius in part is when someone can see these areas, puts ego aside, and look for good way forward
    anyway, loook forward meet
    best wishes
    charley:D

• Advertisement

would it not be part of Bruces Ideals to add it in..."absorb what is useful etc"?

Like say we both are aware of Senshido, and he address the "fence" type ideal, www.geoffthompson.com, pre emptive strike etc....

Will be up for Dec seminar for sure....might be in BKK before then so I will hit the saturday class.

My Kickboxing teacher back in ireland is 68 www.worldmugendouniversity.com and still spars and still can do the splits!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Surachat natcharee

Where is it in bangkok?

Advertisement