Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can You Help Me Find A Star Trek TNG Episode

Options
  • 28-10-2006 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Im looking for help finding a specific episode of Star Trek TNG, I seen it only once when I was 10, and it scared the hell out of me. I remember it was after Tasha Yar was killed, and Data and Picard leave the ship for some reason. By the time they have returned, a virus has infected the entire crew and they have devolved into monsters. Riker was a Caveman, Worf was some kind of Bull, Troy was a fish creature and Barclay (who apparently caused the whole problem) was a spider.

I remember them getting on the bridge and one of the extras had his neck slit and it looked so graphic. Can anyone help me locate the episode, its name, what season or even some clips on You Tube? I assume it would have been rated 15 or something, somebody has to remember it!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Genesis. A seventh season episode.

Actually fairly rubbish as I remember :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Goodshape wrote:
    Genesis. A seventh season episode.

Actually fairly rubbish as I remember :p

lol cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Agreed, fairly pants!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

it has its moments,

barkelys hyper talk is funney.
    but not great yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Thought it was one of the best episodes myself ;/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Justice wrote:
    it has its moments,

barkelys hyper talk is funney.
    but not great yeah.

Agreed - it was very average. I think it was on Sky One there recently enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

was good episode when it first came out i was very young and tbh i was ok watching it on sky1 at 5pm but if i catched the late shwoing of 11 or 12pm i was scared by worf in that episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

User45701 wrote:
    was good episode when it first came out i was very young and tbh i was ok watching it on sky1 at 5pm but if i catched the late shwoing of 11 or 12pm i was scared by worf in that episode.

anyone know if theres any clips of it around on YouTube etc

TrekCore's Screencap Gallery

The episode was only a few from the end of the 7-year run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

God yeay I remember that. I was about 10 as well.

Actually wgile I'm here I might ask about a few eps myself.
    There was one ep maybe a few where there were these parasite things taking over people. But the cool thing about that was that they had their phasers on "kill", so when they shot someone they vapourised and you could briefly see skelleton etc.

Another one was a time loop one where the enterprise kept getting destroyed over and over. There might've been another one involving a "sister ship" getting destroyed.

Actually, any TNG time travel eps would be cool to watch again.

Anyone have any idea what the hell I'm referring to?
    cheers. Nostalgia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭egon spengler

ah it was fairly entertaining as I remember it even though now Id probably find it crap, just on the topic of tng episodes, a really cheesy one was skin of evil with the tar monster, you could set the horizontal line across the sky and they kept using the same clip of the tar monster moving from the shuttle craft towards the ground over and over again. In fact they used the same trick in unimatrix, you keep seeing the same scene of the borg cube flying from one destination to the other in borg territory. Good thing about next gen was that every so often theyd pull the punches and one of the main characters would die or end up in real trouble, as in best of both worlds, or the one where they encounter the borg for the first time, they created that feeling where you didnt know what was going to happen next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

chamlis wrote:
    God yeay I remember that. I was about 10 as well.

Actually wgile I'm here I might ask about a few eps myself.
    There was one ep maybe a few where there were these parasite things taking over people. But the cool thing about that was that they had their phasers on "kill", so when they shot someone they vapourised and you could briefly see skelleton etc.

Another one was a time loop one where the enterprise kept getting destroyed over and over. There might've been another one involving a "sister ship" getting destroyed.

Actually, any TNG time travel eps would be cool to watch again.

Anyone have any idea what the hell I'm referring to?
    cheers. Nostalgia.
    ok no idea about the first one, so long since i've seen TNG but the second one is Cause and Effect costarring Kelsey Grammer
    the one with the sister ship blowing up could be contagion, your description here is very vague, Galaxy class starships have been destroyed in DS9 also,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

chamlis wrote:

Oh GAWD!!! I hated that episode, how many times did you have to watch them play poker. "3" ;) Plus everyone knows they will be playing texas holdem in the future, who plays 5 card draw anymore :p

I actually really liked Genesis, it was directed by the doctor (Gates McFadden)wasn't it? The reason I remember it is because I was at the convention in the grand hotel where they aired it for the first time in ireland, and Gates was there to unveil it and explain the reasons for its direction. I was only 11 at the time so I can't remember what she was on about, but the episode was class imo, pretty scary when you're a kid, watching it on a 12ft screen at a convention. The bits with worf and picard where excellent.

Advertisement