Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to make dogs and cats get along?

Options
  • 28-10-2006 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

When I got my two doberman pups early in September they were only 10 weeks old and they were afraid of the cats. Now that the dogs are double the size they were but still not fully grown the tables have turned and the cats are afraid of the dogs.:rolleyes:

I know the dogs would not harm the cats but they are amused at how they run from them and hide so the dogs chase them anytime they venture out for the fun of it.

Its a pity as the cats have to stay under cover all day while the dogs are out. Is there any way to make the cats and dogs get along together. I hate to see the cats hiding away all day as they used to love running about the place?:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try to introduce them to each other on neutral territory every once in a while, that way both animals will see they are no threat to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭gypsygirl

We had this problem too; We got round it by introducing one dog at a time to Cathy (less intimidating for her) until they were all comfortable around each other, now, although cat and dogs don't exactly cuddle each other, we can leave them all in the room together unsupervised and know the dogs won't eat the cat; (We can also leave the cat in the room with the budgie and she ignores him) (problem we have now is leaving dogs in the room with our food, fec**rs steal it and try to look innocent while licking their lips)

Advertisement