Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Broadband on BT since yesterday

Options
  • 28-10-2006 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I haven't had a broadband connection sinces yesterday afternoon. I'm on the BT 2mb line in Kerry. Obviously using a friends connection (eircom) at the moment. Anyone else having problems?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

qBot wrote:
    Hi,

I haven't had a broadband connection sinces yesterday afternoon. I'm on the BT 2mb line in Kerry. Obviously using a friends connection (eircom) at the moment. Anyone else having problems?

Did you check to see if your modem is syncing?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Nope. Everything is fine here in Co. Galway and no one has rang me with connection problems.
    Is your friend on the same exchange as yourself?
    Did you ring BT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

The modem is not being assigned a WAN IP. I don't really know much about the syncing. My dad rang bt earlier and they said there were problems in the 06x area but when I rang up myself I didn't hear that at all. However all the tele support staff were gone home.

qBot wrote:
    I don't really know much about the syncing.
    If the DSL light on the front of the modem is on solid then the modem is syncing. If it's off or flashing, it's not.
    Remove the filter and plug the modem directly into the phone socket to rule out the filter as the problem.
    Did you plug any new devices into the phone line in the last couple of days?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kerryman

I aswell have no broadband it looks like ther is a problem in kerry with the bt service it looks like it will not be fixed until next week because of the long weekend I hope I am worng.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

its fine in Lucan

kerryman wrote:
    I aswell have no broadband it looks like ther is a problem in kerry with the bt service it looks like it will not be fixed until next week because of the long weekend I hope I am worng.

It's just ridiculous really. One hell of a shoddy service if a whole county is out and they're too cheap and lazy to do something about it over a long weekend.

In regards to the other questions. I'm in next door now so I didn't look at the light on the modem, i'll reply back later with an answer. I looked at the modem statistics and the line is up and i'm connected at 2048mb down and 256up as would be expected. I still have no ip after countless reboots of the modem. But i'd imagine this answers your questions about the syncing, not that it matters now if we have confirmation it's out all over Kerry and probably Limerick aswell.

kaizersoze wrote:
    Nope. Everything is fine here in Co. Galway and no one has rang me with connection problems.
    Is your friend on the same exchange as yourself?
    Did you ring BT?

I would imagine my friend is on the same exchange as he lives right next door to me. Is there anyway I can confirm this. I tried ringing BT last night and this morning but their offices are still shut. I've had no problems with BT in the past. I always have found them grand although impossible to get through to on the phone. I suppose the question is has this has ever happened with Eircom aswell.

Edit: Just spotted your "Filter tip" after posting. I'll give it a try. But nothing has changed in my setup over the past month and a half atleast. I've been up in Dublin. It's the family that are using the connection.

qBot wrote:
    I tried ringing BT last night and this morning but their offices are still shut.
    Tech Support should be open since 9.30
    Mon-Fri: 9am - 9pm
    Sat & Sun: 9.30am - 6pm
    Bank Holidays: 10am - 7pm
    qBot wrote:
    I would imagine my friend is on the same exchange as he lives right next door to me. Is there anyway I can confirm this.
    Being next door I'd imagine you're on the same exchange but you can confirm using the Smart line checker. The result will tell you what exchange you're on.
    www.smarttelecom.ie/broadband
    qBot wrote:
    I'm in next door now so I didn't look at the light on the modem, i'll reply back later with an answer. I looked at the modem statistics and the line is up and i'm connected at 2048mb down and 256up as would be expected.
    If the modem is showing the correct speed then it's syncing ok.

Got in touch with BT again. Supposedly it's a problem with some fibre optic cable being cut in castlebar. They don't know when it'll be finished and they're more or less blaming Eircom even though Eircom customers are unaffected. So the whole 06x area is without BT broadband. ATM i put my wireless router in next door so i'm on eircom broadband for the while :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement