Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

aa roadwatch route planner

Options
  • 29-10-2006 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭

sorry if this is in the wrong place but can someone tell me how accurate that aa roadwatch route planner is time wise, can it be trusted?.

it says dublin to belfast is 2 hours. is this about right? just posting here cos i know some people on here have driven to belfast :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

thats pretty much about right. its 100 miles and motorway the whole way

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

L5 wrote:

Not so! End of our M1 (past Dundalk) to Newry can be very slow, and north of Newry has a fair bit of dual carriageway before you reach the motorway again.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Had the unpleasent experience of being a passenger in a 2.5 VW Jetta about a month ago. About 1hr 15min - 1hr 35min.........

Didnt Blink Once For The Entire Journey!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Car Mad

routeplanner ha ha.there upgrading to street maps at the start of 06 still waiting.oh and when i went to enter where i was going from the put an extra 15miles on me journey do they not count regional roads or wat?and no i didnt select avoid regional roads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭Trinity

Had the unpleasent experience of being a passenger in a 2.5 VW Jetta about a month ago. About 1hr 15min - 1hr 35min.........

Didnt Blink Once For The Entire Journey!!!!!

Scary :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It can be fairly accurate but doesn't take into account known issues for rush hour travel or school-hour travel either.

Also for areas that are known to have a lot of congestion it doesn't suggest alternative routes.

I find that posting on forums like boards.ie will get you knowledge from local people or those who have plenty of experience of the route you are going :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Trinity1 wrote:
    sorry if this is in the wrong place but can someone tell me how accurate that aa roadwatch route planner is time wise, can it be trusted?.

it says dublin to belfast is 2 hours. is this about right? just posting here cos i know some people on here have driven to belfast :)

You will do Belfast in 2 hrs/less once you're on the M1. as someone said, it is only motorway as far as Dundalk and after that mainly dualer to Belfast but some bottlenecks.

I believe it can take up to 4 hrs sometimes but it's difficult to imagine it being so bad. My previous trip last week, it took me longer to get from South Dublin to M50/M1 interchange than from there to Belfast, and it was 3.00pm Fri !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also, watch out for the roadworks on the M1 on the way into Belfast. If going beyong Belfast consider a different route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Patricia Dooley

Route: Galway/Tramore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Patricia Dooley

May I have the route planner for Galway to Tramore, Co. Waterford?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The AA routeplanner is here, Patricia

In future it is best to start your own thread, rather than dragging up an old one

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

L5 wrote:
    Motorway up until the Ballymac roundabout area N. of Dundalk, followed by a lowish speed single carriageway up to the far side of Newry, followed by dual carriageway (remember that dual carriageways in the UK & NI are 70mph unless otherwise stated) up until Lisburn where the M1 motorway brings you into Belfast.
    May I have the route planner for Galway to Tramore, Co. Waterford?
    You may.
    Press F6
    type in www.aaireland.com
    click the Route Planning link
    enter in the route parameters

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement