Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artists you will have shot come the Musical Revolution...

Options
  • 29-10-2006 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭

Inspired by c-13's "Hated Cover Versions" thread; I began to wonder about artists who have made such truly appalling and bafflingly, inexplicably successful music... And thus began to wonder which of these would qualify for being shot come the Musical Revolution, for Crimes Against Taste or something like that.

Remember it's only a bit of fun, but try to give reasons for your suggestion (if needed - obviously "Westlife" would be a pretty self-explanatory nomination!).

I already put forward the Scissor Sisters... But who would you do away with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

All modern day R'n'B bastards. Especially Beyoncé who may as well have 2 huge dollar signs tattooed on her fat ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

All the ones aforementioned and also all of these "Novelty" type bands such as "Aqua", "Cartoons", "Fast food rockers" or whatever theyre called (these are the ones responsible for the Ketchup song, yeah?) and the "Cheeky Girls".

Also B*Witched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Not really an artist (though the people they represent could hardly be classed as artists) but my nominations are, for obvious reasons, Simon Cowell, Louis Walsh, Pete Waterman etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

1. All money grabbing, stupid rappers - they have sold out their proletariat upbringing in favour of a Bourgoisie lifestyle (it is a revolution after all).

2. Madonna, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera - none of you are Marilyn Monroe, go away and sell cola.

3. Rod Stewart

4. Jack White - Great artist but he's doing a song for McD's or Coke or someone, so there you go. Every Revolution needs a martyr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

c - 13 wrote:
    All the ones aforementioned and also all of these "Novelty" type bands such as "Aqua", "Cartoons", "Fast food rockers" or whatever theyre called (these are the ones responsible for the Ketchup song, yeah?) and the "Cheeky Girls".

Also B*Witched.
    Las Ketchup did the "Ketchup Song".

Fast Food Rockers did "The Fast Food Song", but obviously with an album called "It's never easy being cheesy", there could be a lot of tongue-in-cheek involved. Then you realise Mike Stock (of Stock Aitken Waterman) is behind them and suddenly they're back against the wall again.

My nominations for tying to a post for a good lead breakfast at dawn would include (but is not limited to):

James Blunt - For obvious reasons
    The previous winners of You're a Star - Again for obvious reasons
    Jay-Z - It's a Hard Knock Life, then he's Beyoncé's bitch...
    Van Morrison - If you hate performing for your fans, get the fcuk of the stage

Edited to add:

Brian Kennedy - Obvious really
    Ronnie Drew - A Dubliner me ar$e. The grumpy $hite lives in Greystones, CO WICKLOW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whiney or Whitney Houston, Michael Bolton, Maria Carey and that French/Canadian bird.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Black Eyed Peas
    Pussycat Dolls
    Shakira
    ANYONE that does those atrocious dance versions of classic 80's tunes with one vocal smaple and a sampled bass line/hook.riff....burn in hell.
    X factor/Pop Idol winners and as previously mentioned, judges and promoters who manipulate the charts with their guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

David Grey. For that dire cover of "Say Hello, Wave Goodbye", but even if he didn't, he would still be a contender. As he is pure ****e.
    See also Sugababes, Oasis, The Darkness, Girl Aloud, and Rihanna for that pile of ****e, "I don't wanna be a murderer", OR "Unfaithfull" ( really couldnt care) possible the most mindless piece of crap this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Br(y/i)an.
    Mc.
    Fadden.

Hate is a weak word.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Coldplay
    Keane
    Lily Allen
    Shania(?) Twain
    Ronan Keating
    Shakira(?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Robbie Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Beyonce is married now, get over it.I mean I'm sorry that those sordid fantasies will never come through, but the hate is unnecessary.

Anyway=Cherish, Lil Jon, Young Juc and anyway else who 'snaps their fingers' like a retard.

Every pretentious charmless rock group out today(I'm looking your way The Killers, Bloc Party,Keane etc)

And more then anyone else, Westwood.Biggest freak ever.

Orizio wrote:
    Beyonce is married now, get over it.I mean I'm sorry that those sordid fantasies will never come through, but the hate is unnecessary.
    Unappealing is not the word. I'd like to punch her in the ovaries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 polly oliver

James blunt. Don't wait till the revolution.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

HIM, MCR, etc.

Kold wrote:
    Unappealing is not the word. I'd like to punch her in the ovaries.

Why?

Beyonce is gorgeous imo.Lets not lie to ourselves here.For a modern day pop star she seems to hold herself with quite a bit of self respect as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Concannon7

Could be here all day...

Black Eyed Peas
    Pussycat Dolls
    U2
    Scissor Sisters
    50 Cent
    Marlyn Manson and all that type of music
    Most R'n'B music
    Britney, Christina etc
    Madona
    Many more if I had awhile to think of them.

Fergie for 'My Humps' and just plain destroying the once excellent Black Eyed Peas.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Linkin park, limp bizkit ( maybe their already dead? ) , HIM, DEFINITELY EVANECENCE grr... **** them, erm pretty much all the bands on mtv-vhi-scuzz-kerrang etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

P. Diddy - I just this c*nt, everything about him.
    My Chemical Romance - Rubbish songs and they look like twats
    Westlife - Will they ever F*ck off!
    Will Smith - Wicky wild wild west, need I say more?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Will Smith; good call! ('cept for Summertime)

A few more that dawned on me today:

Sean Paul
    The Darkness

Orizio wrote:
    Why?

Beyonce is gorgeous imo.Lets not lie to ourselves here.For a modern day pop star she seems to hold herself with quite a bit of self respect as well.
    I don't think she's gorgeous, the same way I don't think Barbie dolls are attractive. The fact that her music is dire also adds to her head wreaking tally. The kicker however, is the superficial messages she sends to her target audience of stupid little girls about booty shaking and finding yourself a 'balla' who can pay your bills. Commercial propagandist.

Oh, and I reckon she's a bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

All this anti Beyonce stuff, re the poster who said Jay Z was "her bitch" eh.....how? If she arsed her way into half her songs then maybe yes. However, iirc she has only featured on the awful Me and My Girlfriend (a song Jay took from a Tupac album he presumably hasnt listened to entirely, seeing as the album intro refers to Jay and several other NYC rappers as "corny mother****ers" ). He lent his rhymes to what, two of her tunes? Im no huge fan of her music but it doesnt annoy me ether, and shes got a good voice.

And apart from all that yid lash it out of her and birds go mad on the floor when Crazy in Love gets played :D

Anyway, for the firing squad, a list of people far more deserving than poor oul Saddam

The Killers. Bland, pointless, irrelevant, lyrically bizarre, dickheads really.
    The Chillis. Pretty much the same. Pointless, pointless music.
    Coldplay. Zzzzzzzzzzz.......
    Kanye West. Medium rapper, middling producer, but 100% nobhead.
    HIM, Chemical Romance, and any other bands whos music I havent heard but whos existence Ive been alerted to by goth retards with the names of said bands on their black hoodies.
    Scissor Sisters. Its the type f thing that could only be big in Britain. Do the Americans even know them?
    Christina Aguilera. Anyone remember when she used to be a bit attractive? Now I wouldnt touch her with yours.
    Kylie Minogue. Shes not even remotely attractive and never has been.
    Whoever mixes those awful Irish Clubland comps.

Advertisement