Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which large lcd monitor?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Tricky one to call from your picks as 22" widescreen displays aren't too common yet so there are not a lot of reviews to form a solid opinion on.

Be Hardware (one of the best display review sites) did review the Acer AL2216W & found it to be a decent display for most tasks but that the model they got had no DVI input.

The Iiyama display I cant really comment on heard nothing about them.

The two Viewsonic displays are fairly new with mixed forum reports about how good they are.

The Samsung 225BW is the safe bet in my book, 2 reviews
    on the net both state that some displays have some back-light bleeding but that isn't a major annoyance plus some tweaking of the stock colour settings is suggested. The display itself is a solid performer for gaming it seems so I would probably go with that as it also comes with DVI (+HDCP support) along with VGA.

There are solid displays in the 20" range as well but if your after 22" those are my takes on them anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

id buy the samsung, indeed i will buy the samsung as im gettin my new pc next week. ive heard nothing but good things about the samsung.

are you sure you want to go widescreen, bearing in mind that widescreens have a much higher native resolution than regular 4:3 screens.

games are nicest at the native resolution, and youd need a serious rig to run most games @ 1680 x 1080 or whatever it is with graphics set high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

ill buy ur "old" one :P

Advertisement