Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Jazz boy...

Options
  • 29-10-2006 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The Jazz is for foreigners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I wouldn't mind experiencing some "Jazz" I must admit it's one of the reasons I moved down here. Where's a good place to experience it?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dahamsta wrote:
    The Jazz is for foreigners.

I'd have to agree. Just back from Dublin so managed to avoid at least 1 night of it. Now to skillfully avoid the rest of the hoore of a festival

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I don't think I've met anyone down here who likes the jazz after actually seeing what it's like. Steering well clear of it for the most part, being as it's just another excuse for everyone to get langers and lose control of their orifices in the middle of the street....(Plus I'm working tomorrow. Gah).

• Advertisement

Forgeigners like it after seeing it, in fact most of them come back year after year. You'll find they're generally the biggest twats you'll ever meet in your life. Dubliners mostly, although to be fair I actually quite like some Dubliners. Even if they are foreign.

adam

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

So, as with many other things, the Jazz is an excuse for Dubs to come round our way, drink our pints, and use the word "langer" like it makes them special? Hmmm....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Gotta say I disagree with the comments about the Jazz festival.

I s'pose you could class me as a foreigner (from Limerick) and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Both myself and my gf were in town on Friday night and walking back to our car at 12.45am and didn't see anyone puking or pissing (and no smell of it either). Same on Saturday evening around 7pm and later at 12.00am.

I spent most of the weekend in the Everyman and saw some fantastic acts - brilliant music. No sign of any drunk people, etc.

I was also in the Festival Club in the Metropole on Saturday afternoon and everyone was having a great time.

I found the whole event a really positive one.

I can understand the puke and piss element however. When you have loads of people crammed into a pub with a loud jazz band playing and people are drinking like booze was going out of fashion, then what do you expect?? Its the normal picture in most towns and cities around Ireland on any given weekend.

Delphi91 wrote:
    I thoroughly enjoyed it
    Course you did Delphi91, you're a foreigner! No offense like, we all have our crosses to bear. :)

In fairness, the Everyman and the Metropole are about the only places I've heard that play anything even resembling actual Jazz - for most places it's more a case of "get a band to play, never mind if they're crap, then cram 5 times the normal amount of people into the place and jack up the price of the beer".

I still think it's crap, it's pretty much a weekend where I stay the hell away from town.

• Advertisement
Advertisement