Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which cam for official canal+ card?

• 29-10-2006 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Friend of mine in Spain has subscribed to the Spanish Canal+ network. He got a dedicated STB with the subscription, with just a card slot. He wants Sky+ type functionality, and apparently Canal+ don't offer such a box. I told him it should be possible using an off-the-shelf PVR like Humax, Topfield etc. but I wasn't sure what cam would work with this card.

Anyone out there using a Spanish official subscription with a cam? What cam?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I think you need a seca/mediaguard cam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

From a friend in Gibraltar:
    Jim wrote:
    I believe you can use a cam, however C+ Spain is rather like Sky in
    that there is a lot of software interaction with the box and they
    supply one with the subscription. I have three but have treated them
    like black boxes and haven't a clue about what goes on in there.

The latest one offers an option of recording, how quite that works
    is a mystery as it certainly does not have a HD. The instructions are
    in Spanish so I just put it on a channel and left it.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

As Sparky-s pointed out you'll need an Aston mediaguard cam Version 1.07 (V.1.05 won't work). But note, only for D+ Astra1 19°e reception. Not for Hispasat 30°w.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodler

Thank you all for very useful replies. I will go back to my friend with this information.

Advertisement