Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Rumour Thread

Options
  • 29-10-2006 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

two items, both from the beeb website.

Tottenham boss Martin Jol has said that he would consider making a bid for Real's former England captain Beckham. (Mail on Sunday)

Aston Villa are lining up a £5m swoop for Tottenham striker Robbie Keane. (Various)

id have no issue with beckham playing for the lilywhites, but im not sure i want robbie to leave. his passion and commitment are tremendous, and although, he does go into headless chicken mode occassionally, i think he has more moments of sheer genius.
    although, i would still love to see mido and berbie playing together for a few games.

if beckham joined, we already have lennon, ghaly and routledge on the right hand side, so i am undecided, unless beckham took up the old carrick role.

oh, too many good players in too few positions. id rather see us get someone on the left side other than malbranque. id still like to see downing play for us as well. all these great players though, we should be beating the likes of watford. i can see us absolutely hammering someone sometime soon though. one of these days, all these chances will be put away, and it will 6 or 7 nil!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭Druid

There are also rumours beckham is going to america to play in their soccer league. He is probably one of the only footballers actually known by most americans. We would be mental to buy him. He is a very limited player. Granted he has great delivery from a dead ball situation but if he is put under any pressure in open play he simply can not cope.

As for Keane's departure to villa, I hope this is not true. Keane, while not on top form of late, is still a great player.

We should have won yesterday, not looking forward to chelsea game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I think Becks has been linked with every team ever? His freekicks would be very handy but I wouldn't like him to take Lennon's role and he's too limited to push central. I personally thought he made a good right-back in whatever game it was in Germany but could you really see him wanting to play there? Think it's bollocks really. No manager would turn him down but we have no real need for him and can't ..or shouldn't guarantee him first team football.

Let's unsettle Downing some more...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Aren't these just the same old same old message board rumours though? Beckham to Spurs is at least 18 months old, Keane to Villa older still.

Next we'll have King to Chelsea, Lennon to ManYoo and Defoe to Pompey.

Messageboards are great, I just wish jornos would stop trawling them for rumour to post as news.

Advertisement