Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zone Alarm troubles

Options
  • 29-10-2006 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭

Having a lot of trouble with the current version of Zone Alarm (the free one) locking up on long downloads. Anyone else having this problem or is there a better free firewall I should use have had a few issues with the windows one so not using that

Hope this is in the rite forum

Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Comodo gets my vote. Almost as simple as Zonealarm for general configuration but with very granular control if you want to delve deeper, plus some sophisticated application/component monitoring that borders on being an IDS.

http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭sioda

Thanks Creed switched to comodo but getting lots of pop ups for different apps ok I knew I would but getting odd request like winamp trying to use my P2P program or svchost trying to use iexplore are these normal??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Yep its normal, its a pretty advanced software firewall and goes WAY deeper than ZA in monitoring program interaction. It can be annoying so if you want you can disable that function by going to Security / Advanced and disabling Application Behaviour Analysis.

Advertisement