Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Male Restroom Practice

• 29-10-2006 12:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

A note to all those who use the Restrooms in our college. This is our college and as such we should treat it with respect. Leaving aside the feelings of the cleaning staff, and thats hard to do in this situation, it is simply revolting to see the mess some restroom patrons leave the facilites in these days.

Take the other day when, upon finding a vacant cubical (and thats a hard thing to find in Tallaght IT these days), I discovered that not only had someone forgotten to flush, and dispose toliet paper in the correct manner - i.e. in the bowl, they had also urinated all over the seat (in a well designed circular and sprinkled manner) in such a way that it made me believe that they had just lost complete control of their bodily organs.

Furthermore, the toliet seat was broke, and the back and sides of the cubical where littered with graffiti about the successes of the previous nights sexual conquest of a friends mother.

Now, im not sure if any female students have this problem in their restrooms, but I dont need to tell you why fellow students, lecturers (yes, they use the public toliets too) and cleaning staff alike would view this problem as disgusting. If you want to use the cubicals in such a manner you belong in a zoo. Ruin your own home like this, not our college. Im putting this on here because a) writing to the students union about the problem would be pointless and irrelavant and b) because im hoping people on here who hear a friend joke about the mess he just left the bathroom in will shame that friend into making sure he never does that again.

If your problem genuinely lies with your bladder, please see a doctor, she only costs 7euro and shes a full qualified professional. Theres also a nurse, a counsellor, and theres a Priest (this is not a joke about the disgraceful child sexual abuse history in this country at the hands of a selected few members of the clergy so please dont use it to highlight one).

Thank you for your time, im sorry I had to waste it with this post, but I just cant take this kind of vandalism anymore.

How do you feel about the genuine standards in the Restrooms? (Male/Female) 13 votes

No problems
    0% 0 votes
    Room for Improvement
    23% 3 votes
    Disgusted, But No Choice but to Use Them
    23% 3 votes
    Id rather have a personal accident then enter the toliets
    53% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Male restroom? You mean the Jacks?

Unfortunately there are people who have no respect for themselves nevermind the property of others.
    They would'nt do it at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Oirthir

lecturers (yes, they use the public toliets too) a

Well, in fairness, the lecturers have code-locked toilets for themselves. God forbid they p*ss and sh*t with the common folk.

Obviously, they don't have this attitude, but the fact that such toilets even exist in a 3rd level institute really grinds my gears..
    a) writing to the students union about the problem would be pointless and irrelavant

What, out of curiousity, are you basing this on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Oirthir wrote:
    What, out of curiousity, are you basing this on?

By posting here I hope to shame people into realising themselves (and reminding their friends) that this is a bathroom which we all have to share in, not their personal bathroom to do as they wish with.

Its also nothing got to do with the Students Union, in fact if anything, it affects the cleaning staff the most.

I simply wouldnt contact the Students Union as I wouldnt deem it to concern them basically. I wouldnt think they could do much about it.

I simply wouldnt contact the Students Union as I wouldnt deem it to concern them basically. I wouldnt think they could do much about it.

No harm in telling them about it. After all, they are paid to relay our opinions to the college management.

Anyway, the SU Officers sit on an infinite amount of committees, so they can at least raise the issue with building services and maybe come up with a few ideas.

If it makes any difference, I totally agree on the whole toilets thing, but I think that the kind of people who'll do it, won't care about being shamed..

Oirthir wrote:
    No harm in telling them about it. After all, they are paid to relay our opinions to the college management.

If it makes any difference, I totally agree on the whole toilets thing, but I think that the kind of people who'll do it, won't care about being shamed..

No problem man ill mention to them so, cheers for the input

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

think the good old doc is gone up to 10 bucks :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

If the people responsible were found out, they'd be in a heap load of crap (pun intended). The college would probably suspend them/they couldn't take their exams. It's happened before.

Giblet wrote:
    If the people responsible were found out, they'd be in a heap load of crap (pun intended). The college would probably suspend them/they couldn't take their exams. It's happened before.

Feels like a fair punishment to me, I mean, if youre going to use the toliets in this college you have to treat them with respect at the end of the day. Its funny because its only ever the one particular toliets thats constantly getting ruined. The one down beside the shops and canteen on the ground levels. The toliets on the same floor the further away from the canteen the cleaner they get. And the ones on the 1st and 2nd floor are relatively clean too. I wouldnt suggest its the canteen food that forces people to just run for the bathroom and loose all control:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It's pretty bad up near the computing labs aswell. I thought you learnt how to **** properly when you were 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Oirthir wrote:
    Obviously, they don't have this attitude, but the fact that such toilets even exist in a 3rd level institute really grinds my gears..

By "such toilets" are you referring to the lecturers/other staffs code locked toilets?If you are, I can't see the problem there. Its their workplace and the bathrooms are generally in a disgraceful condition in ITT. The students toilets are the students problem really, surely enough its just a few causing hell for the others but its certainly not something the lecturers should have to deal with.

• Advertisement

rb_ie wrote:
    By "such toilets" are you referring to the lecturers/other staffs code locked toilets?If you are, I can't see the problem there. Its their workplace and the bathrooms are generally in a disgraceful condition in ITT. The students toilets are the students problem really, surely enough its just a few causing hell for the others but its certainly not something the lecturers should have to deal with.

My problem with it is that in theory we're all supposed to be adults. The lecturers get an awful lot of leeway in the college, sometimes at the expense of the student. I get that some of said leeway is required by law (eg Employee rights etc), but at the end of the day, the college is meant to be there for the students first and foremost.

The idea they have their own toilets leaves me with the distinct feeling that they somehow have a god-given right to better toilets. Now I realise (and hope) that the staff don't think that way, but it still annoys me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭DublinEvents

Unfortunately it's next to impossible to control reprobates who write offensive stuff in public places like restrooms without employing a person dedicated to ensuring the well-being of the said public property. The main objective of these demented people is to cause trouble any way they can. I suppose we could reduce the likelihood of restroom littering if restrooms were made pay-per-use with a person stationed there who would inspect the cubicle after every use to ensure it is in a good condition and charge the user accordingly. This will force the trashers to clean up after themselves because I don't suppose there are many humans alive who would like another human to see the mess they created in a restroom. So you see? I just created another job for the masses. Restroom inspector :P

Advertisement