Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

little white bugs

• 29-10-2006 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hey does anyone know what those little tiny cream/whitish bugs are that you can get on paper?? i have found some on different things like my computer and some cuddly toys even though i dust all the time and am very clean etc. am terrified i will be infested. are they harmless or what? anyone know what they are called even??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Had those in the past too. If U don't keep the place clean, they can really build up. But I can't tell U exactly what they are. Am interested to know myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

They're called Booklice and are harmless.

As for removing them, a vacumn cleaner or dustbuster shoud do the trick. Here's another link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

galactus - thank you for the links.

The second time I had them was on my bedroom furniture - especially the
    dressing table. The furniture hadn't been dusted for a very long time. There was loads of them.

But the first time I had them was in a box of Country Store which had been lying around in the press for ages. There was squillions of them ! This seems to fit with the information in the links you sent us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

had a similar problem two years ago. I was living in a damp apartment and these ****ers were all over my clothes etc. I did a good bit of research and found out that they thrive in mouldy/damp environments. Thats why they love old books as the books usually get some sort of mould on them after a good few years and they feed of it. Its not a personal hygene (?) problem its the environment. Are you living in rented accomodation? If so get on to the landlord asap to get it sorted. I rang a pest control place and they said the place would have to be fumigated. They are really small and hard to see aren't they? But are really noticable under light as they hate heat and light. If you founf them around country store they are most likely booklice as mentioned. They look gross but are not a parasite. Clean the place thouroughly though and check for damp or mould. The picture in the link given to wikipedia is not a great picture, I think that is the outdoor variety, the indoor ones are smaller and do not look like that. Do a search on google and see if the images are similar. In my case they were really small and you only really noticed them when there weer a few of them together and when they were moving.

Advertisement