Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are samsung phones good?

• 29-10-2006 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭

Im thinkin of gettin a samsung phone but i want to know if they are any good.Has anyone had any problems with them?The phone i am planning on gettin is the D900

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

Samsung phones have been very popular over the last 6 months or so, I've never used one yet but a few of my friends do and they love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

They're good alright, especially some of the new upcoming models.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

D900 is very popular, have used it myself and seems cool. Point to note is that not all micro-sd cards seem to be compatible with the phone. Have heard people with difficulties with kingston and toshiba ones. Try before you buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nutterguy

The phone is nice but has a lot of small problems which really do get annoying..
    Pro's:
    - 3MP camera and decent video camera function
    - small and slick
    - really nice high res screen
    - video caller ID

Con's
    - Selection of 5 gay text message sounds, no others.
    - Only way to put software on there is over GPRS
    - Camera shutter takes about 4-5(ages) seconds on high settings
    - only works with some MicroSD cards >512mb, no 2Gb cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

D900 is also a fairly weak phone physically, which is disappointing. I was very interested in it, but I've a tendancy to drop my phone once a month or so, and these are nowhere near as strong as the D500 or 600.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭patrickc

I've the d900 a little over a month now, I think it's a great phone but battery life is the worst of have any phone I've ever had. 2 days of normal enough usage and the battery is dead..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Thanks fopr all of the help but i ended up gettin a Nokia 3250

Advertisement