Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chlamydia

• 29-10-2006 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had this here. I got tested for it and got a prescription, all i got was four antibiotic tablets to be taken in one go. Is this the norm for treating this. Just wondering

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You really need to ask a doctor..this isn't a medical board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

asdjiwqoyf wrote:
    Hi, just wondering if anyone else has had this here. I got tested for it and got a prescription, all i got was four antibiotic tablets to be taken in one go. Is this the norm for treating this. Just wondering

Yeap, its very very common. The reason its so common is that it has little to no symptoms.

The antibiotic tablets are the cure, I would recommened getting retested again in a few months to make sure its all gone. If its left untreated for a long period of time it can affect fertility.

Well done for getting tested. Its something you should do every year even if you are practicing safe sex etc etc.

(I am not a doctor so dont rely on this info, talk to a doctor)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭nando

I'm assuming that if you've been tested and treated with antibiotics then you have seen your doctor and are just asking for similar experiences?

Never been treated for chlamydia myself but I do know that the treatment for this bacteria is often the antibiotic Azithromycin (Zithromax) which is usually given as a single dose treatment. So I guess your treatment of 4 tablets sounds pretty reasonable. If your worried go back or even discuss it with the pharmacist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Buffy - can U leave the moderating to the moderators ! It's not your place to make such a comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Follow your doctors orders and if it doesn't seem to be working, go back and see him/her again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Widget

Azithromycin (Zithromax) 250mg x 4 tablets in one dose is standard treatment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

non-reggie wrote:
    Buffy - can U leave the moderating to the moderators ! It's not your place to make such a comment.
    Likewise!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement