Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Box Set (13 Disc Set) - approx. €52!

• 29-10-2006 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

Available at CDWOW US (included affiliate link for $2) for €52.61

Superman: The Ultimate Collector's Box Set (13 Disc Set) - DVD Region 2

A fantastic set.. as indicated by the contents of each disc which are listed out in full below. Worth it for the cool box alone!

Great deal considering it's €68 if ordered from the CDWOW.ie domain! :eek:
    Superman The Movie: The movie that makes a legend come to life. You know the story. The planet Krypton is doomed. Only one man, Jor-El, knows it and rockets his infant son to refuge on a distant world called Earth. As Jor-El´s son grows to manhood, he learns he possesses super-powers he must hide from ordinary mortals around him. It takes a big movie to contain the considerable talents of Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, Jackie Cooper, Glen Ford, Margot Kidder, Valerie Perrine and at its heart, the most human portrayal of the Man of Steel, Christopher Reeve. Superman, an Academy Award winner (1978) for special achievement in visual effects, is more than big enough. Directed by Richard Donner, Superman: The Movie makes us believe this epic story all over again.

Superman II: A nuclear explosion in outer space has freed rebel General Zod and his evil cohorts from their captivity in a fragment of Kryptonite. Having been banished from Krypton for their treachery against Jor-El they now plot revenge on his son - Superman. Arch villian Lex Luthor offers his services to Zod, meanwhile Lois Lane has discovered Clark Kent´s identity. Will Superman surrender his superhuman powers to marry her or will he save the city of Metropolis? Original cast members from Superman create a blend of thrills, humour and humanity that makes this sequel great fun for the whole family.

Superman III: After Superman: The Movie's epic storytelling and Superman II's awesome battles, how could the first two hits be topped? In Superman III, meet Gus Gorman (Richard Pryor), a half-witted computer programming natural. For him a keyboard is a weapon and Superman faces the microelectronic menace of his life. Christopher Reeve reprises his most beloved role, deepening his character's human side as Clark Kent reunites with an old flame (Annette O'Toole) at a Smallville High class reunion. And when Superman becomes his own worst enemy after Kryptonite exposure, Reeve pulls off both roles with dazzling conviction. Incredible visual effects abound - but above all it has heart, heroism and high-flying humor. All in superabundance, of course.

Superman IV: Christopher Reeve not only dons the hero's cape for the fourth time in Superman IV: The Quest For Peace but also helped develop the film's provocative theme: nuclear disarmament. "For me, it's the most personal of the entire series," Reeve says. "It directly reflects what Superman should be, and should be doing." Superman does a lot this time around. To make the world safe for nuclear arms merchants, archvillain Lex Luthor (Gene Hackman) creates a new being to challenge the Man of Steel: the radiation-charged Nuclear Man (Mark Pillow). The two foes clash in an explosive extravaganza that sees Superman save the Statue of Liberty, plug a volcanic eruption of Mount Etna and rebuild the demolished Great Wall of China. Your quest for superheroic excitement is over!

Superman Returns: After the battle with General Zod and his gang of Kryptonian super-villains, Superman (Brandan Routh) mysteriously disappears for six years. After searching for more possible survivors from Krypton and finding none, Superman returns to Metropolis to re-assume the identity of Clark Kent. Once he returns, he discovers that Lois Lane (Kate Bosworth) is in a relationship and also has a son. Superman also discovers that Metropolis has learned to live without him, causing him to lose his motivation to fight and protect. To make matters worse, Superman's old nemesis Lex Luthor (Kevin Spacey) has devised a plan to defeat the Man of Steel, for good. Superman must put his troubles behind him in order to protect his lost love, and the city who lost faith in him.

Disc Contents and Special Features:

Superman:

* Disc 1:
    o Commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler
    o Teaser trailer
    o Theatrical trailer
    o TV Spot
    o Auto-play Trailer: Internationall Superman "Hero" Trailer
    o Auto-play Trailer: Inernational Superman Returns Trailer
    o Justice League Heroes Videogame Trailer
    * Disc 2:
    o Commentary by Richard Donner & Tom Mankiewicz
    o Music only track (2001 version)
    * Disc 3:
    o Taking Flight: The Development of Superman
    o Making Superman: Filming the Legend
    o The Magic Behind The Cape
    o Screen Tests 'Superman', 'Lois Lane' with opt commentary and 'Ursa'
    o Restored Sceens:
    + Jor-El and the Council
    + Council Meeting
    + Baby Kal-El's Starship
    + Young Lois with Parents on Train
    + Mrs. Kent Opens Up House
    + Clark and Jimmy
    + Jor-El and Superman
    + Pedestrian and Clark
    + Fire and Ice
    + Hollywood Sign Falls
    o Additional Deleted Scenes
    o Additional Music Cues:
    + Main Titles
    + Alternate Main Titles
    + The Council's Decision
    + The Krypton Quake
    + More Mugger/Introducing Otis
    + Air Force One
    + Chasin Rockets
    + Can You Read My Mind [Pop Version]
    * Disc 4:
    o The Making of Superman: The Movie[1978 TV Special]
    o Superman and the Mole-Men [1951 Feature]
    o 9 Fleischer Cartoons

Superman II:

* Disc 1:
    o Commentary by Ilya Salkind and Pierre Spengler
    o Auto-Play Trailer: International Superman "Hero" Trailer
    o Auto-Play Trailer: International Superman Returns Trailer
    o Theatrical Trailer
    o Superman's Souffle Deleted Scene
    * Disc 2:
    o The Making of Superman II (1980 TV Special)
    o Superman 50h Anniversary (1988 TV Special)
    o First Flight:
    + The Fleischer Superman Series - Japoteurs
    + Showdown
    + Eleventh Hour
    + Destruction, Inc.
    + The Mummy Strikes
    + Jungle Drums
    + The Underground World
    + Secret Agent
    * Disc 3:
    o Superman II: The Donner Cut
    o Commentary by Richard Donner and Tom Mankiewicz
    o Superman II: Restoring the Vision
    o Deleted Scenes:
    + Lex and Ms. Teschmacher Head North
    + Lex and Ms. Teschmacher Head South
    + The Villains Enter the Fortress
    + He's All Yours Boys
    + Clark and Jimmy
    + Lex's Getaway
    o Justice League Heroes Videogame Trailer
    o Intoduction by Richard Donner

Superman III Deluxe Edition:

* Commentary by Ilya Salkind & Pierre Spengler
    * The Making of Superman III [1983 TV Special]
    * 11 Deleted Scenes
    * Theatrical Trailer
    * Auto-Play Trailer: International Superman "Hero" Trailer
    * Auto-Play Trailer: International Superman Returns Trailer
    * Justice League Heroes Videogame Trailer

Superman IV Deluxe Edition:

* Commentary by Lawrence Konner & Mark Rosenthal
    * 15 Deleted Scenes
    * Theatrical Trailer
    * Auto-Play Trailer: International Superman "Hero" Trailer
    * Auto-Play Trailer: InternationaI Superman Returns Trailer
    * Justice League Videogame Trailer

Superman Returns:

* Disc 1:
    o Auto-PlayTrailers: Ant Bully and Happy Feet
    * Disc 2:
    o Part 1: Secret Originis and First Issues: Crystalizing Superman
    o Part 2: The Crystal Method: Designing Superman
    o Part 3a: An Affiinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman: Superman on the Farm
    o Part 3b: An Affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman: Superman in the City
    o Part 3c: An Affinity for Beachfront Property: Shooting Superman: Superman in Peril
    o Part 4: The Joy of Lex: Menacing Superman Pt 5: He's Always Around: Wrapping Superman
    o Deleted Scenes (without Return to Krypton)
    o Resurrecting Jor-El
    o Easter Egg: How wrong can you be (outtake)
    o Theatrical Teaser Trailer
    o Theatrical Trailer
    o EA Game Trailer WVSUP-S0026

Superman Ultimate Collection Disc 12:

* Look Up In The Sky: The Amazing Superman Story

Superman Ultimate Collection Disc 13:

* You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga Of Superman Parts 1-5
    * The Mythology Of Superman
    * The Heart Of A Hero: Remembering Christopher Reeve
    * The Adventures Of Superpup (1958 TV Pilot)
    * Super-Rabbit (1943 WB Cartoon)
    * Snafuperman (1944 WB Cartoon)
    * Stupor Duck (1956 WB Cartoon)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭wba88

tis a very cool box! (wish i had money)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Brilliant! This is an amazing boxset - pretty much all the Superman material in one DVD collection. It even has Richard Donners cut of Superman2, which I've waited a long time for!

I had this pre ordered on play.com for €90 as my Christmas pressie(thought it was a bargain, cos it was €115 on cdwow 2 days ago)!

I've cancelled and ordered from the US instead. Saved at least €35.

Thanks Squill, you've made my day!:)

Edit: Whats the difference between this and the boxset in this link: http://www.cd-wow.us/detail_results_11.php?product_code=1042842
    Is there any apart from the vast difference in price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

anyone know if the region 2 set comes with the poster offer as in the region 1 set. will this still definitley ship to ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

anyone know if the region 2 set comes with the poster offer as in the region 1 set. will this still definitley ship to ireland
    You mean this?
    Mail-in offer for five Superman theatrical movie posters

I'd really doubt it!

PS - and yes, it will ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

great spot, but when i go to check up the order i get this

There have been no authorised orders attributed to you as a WOW! member.

but i have an order conf number nad a worldpay receit??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

Their servers are out of sync at the moment - I've 2 orders that are appearing in order history with the confirmation number but no record of what it actually is. It should update at some stage today but otherwise email them or call to make sure its alright. Its happening quite alot recently though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

perfect., ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭dave101

just bagged that box set jeazus what a saving.. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 136 ✭✭82dgolf

what a find, great :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

God I love this board....thank you so much!!

• Advertisement

will they take the dollars out of the bank when ordr placed or order shiped?
    its bl_eeden 4th of dec.

They charge on ordering I'm afraid

I put my order in for this boxset and Money came out straight away. I checked the site today and that boxset has now been removed and is no longer listed, I check my account and it list that I have something preordered but it doesnt say that it is the superman boxset. Was this an error by cd wow US and if so will they honour the purchase.

Ye, not showing for me either on cdwow.us, but it does still show up on my order page on cdwow.com? The fact that it's not listed anymore at the bargain price could be a bad sign or else a few of us got very lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Ye, but its always been listed at these prices aswell (see my post #3) just has a slight name difference ('collectors edition' as oppossed to 'collecters box set'). This has had me confused all along because they are the same boxset but with a huge difference in price?

They have already taken payment from my account so by law do they have to honour there deal and send me the boxset for €55

Current Status; Despatched :D

Me too!
    Now, lets hope theres no customs charge. Although, even if there is it will still be a great deal.
    Cheapest I've seen anywere else is €90 on Play.com. which i was more than willing to pay.

Woohoo...mines been sent as well, rather pleased about that - just have to hope like everyone else is customs dont pick it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Kinda wished i'd order this now..

.. have a habit of reporting bargains i overlook ordering myself! :(

Mine is sent too. Looking forward to getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

It's £54.99 on hmv.co.uk which is cheaper than most at the mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Damn, can't believe I missed this one. They still have the Region 3 set for $68.99 (about €52) though.

I got it in the post today. It was posted from Luxembourg with 'Duty/VAT Pre-Paid in the EU'.:)

Oh by the way it's an asbolutely savage boxset. Unreal bargain for the price we got it - THANKS AGAIN OP!
    Suppossed to be my Christmas pressie......I don't think I can wait that long!

Nunu wrote:
    I got it in the post today. It was posted from Luxembourg with 'Duty/VAT Pre-Paid in the EU'.:)

Oh by the way it's an asbolutely savage boxset. Unreal bargain for the price we got it - THANKS AGAIN OP!
    Suppossed to be my Christmas pressie......I don't think I can wait that long!

me to :D great box set

Still waiting here. :(

Bond-007 wrote:
    Still waiting here. :(

Yep no sign of mine either, just hoping its come from Luxemburg as well.

got mine this morning awesome box set tin box looks exelent and the extras are mouth watering.. im all set for christmas
    pity theres no dts tracks on them

ahh sure we cant have everything.

• Advertisement

Mine arrived this morning! :D

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=10124

any1 that did miss out steer clear of the region 1 release
    a lot of them had to go back etc people were not happy to see the r2 discs had more on them
    theres an article on av forums on it too lads

Note however that the R1 release includes an extra disc with Bryan Singer's Video Journals for Superman Returns.

Also note that there are some problems with the R1 release. The Superman III disc is the old one and the soundtrack on the theatrical release of Superman: The Movie is the new remastered version instead of the original version. It's unclear at this moment if the R2 release includes the original version or not. It looks like the remastered version, though.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427535

What's the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

£29.71/€34.94 delivered from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000JJS57M

Zombie thread.! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭steve 0

Even cheaper now from Amazon £21.27/€25.11 delivered!!! http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000JJS57M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

holy%20thread%20resurrection.jpg

Advertisement