Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD player - stupid question

Options
  • 29-10-2006 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Theres cheapo car CD players for sale at Lidl tommorow. Just the ticket for me old camper, especially as it has a remote and plays MP3 as well.

Here's the question though. The radio in my yoke is built in almost vertically. Will CDs still play properly? Even on bumpy roads? Or will the CD just be shaken too much and constantly "jump" tracks?

What do yopu think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Depends. Most CD Players Secure the Disc so it can be turned 90* Deg ang still play. My CD Changer even plays upside down!

So i wount worry to much about that cos it should be okay once its not too mental an angle. As for playback, most CD Players Buffer around 20-30 seconds of the song at playback depending on the memory built in. So while your listening to the 10th second of the song the CD players already reading the 50th second. A mate of mine has a very fancy import jobby that buffers a good 2min of the track, so unless your off-roadin for 120seconds your sorted!

Check of the buffer before ya buy!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Thanks !

Guess I'll just risk it ...80 euro, what the heck ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭$Leon$

Bought one them last december I think the last time lidl were selling them.
    well worth the €80. the USB and SD cards are very handy.
    I just load up the SD card out of my camera with music and away i go. (you can do the same with a usb stick except it sticks out)
    it even has a line in at the back which means you can but a wire that'll conect it to anything with a head phone jack on it.
    the only down side i've found with it is that there isn't a mute wire/pin on the back. recently installed a phone kit and it doesn't mute when a call comes in.
    other than that well worth the €80. As far as i remember it also came with a 3 yr guarantee

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Yippedeedoodah ...it works !

Not a bad piece of kit at all, considering the price:)

Advertisement