Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waking up a minute before your alarm goes of...?

Options
  • 29-10-2006 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its not a coincidence, it only works if you set the alarm! If you don't you WILL sleep overtime.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

That happens me most times. My wake up time for work is anything from 5:30am to 8am. Most times I wake up about a few minutes before my alarm. which usually leads me to resetting it for a couple of more minutes :D

I'm a fairly light sleeper at times, hardly ever get a straight nights sleep. Been months since I have had a proper deep sleep unless I have had a few drinks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Most of the time that I set the alarm, I will awake just before it goes off.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

I *usually* wake up a few mins before my alarm time... even if I have set it of not. I say "*usually*" because I'm sure I will probably go out tonight, get locked, not set the alarm, and wake up tomorrow at 4pm with my boss on the phone :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I don't even bother setting the alarm anymore as I always wake up when I need to. This works all day for me as I sleep during both my breaks at work and for 13.2 minutes in the car when I arrive home from work. HENCHO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Feral Mutant

Used to happen to me all the time but now I'm getting up earlier and my body hasn't adjusted yet. When it did, I never trusted my internal clock enough to go without the alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

My sleep pattern is an absolute disaster. I often stay up all night and college is quite irregular. I often don't wake up properly even if a set five alarms to go off within five minutes of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭kirving

Maybe you could invest in one of these... http://www.dynamic-living.com/sonic_boom_clock.htm Might annoy anyone else in the house though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Lust4Life

I woke up 5 minutes before my alarm this morning and thought of this thread.
    Dang! I really need to get a life! Ha ha!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the strangest thing happened to me this morning and has happened other mornings. i wake up literally as the alarm is about to go off on the phone to put it on snooze but this morning my mother was ringing me to get me up for work as i was on the lash on sat nite, but i literally woke up the split second before she rang, like my mind knew she was about to ring and answered and was up as fresh as a daisy at 8 even though i only went to bed at 6. its really weird and has happened a few times, has it happened to anyone else.

gar

p.s. i would feel worried about the amount of posts you have; above user!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yeah that's wierd when that happens... I'm sure I read something about if you keep repeating the time in your head, that your body wakes up at that time.

Dunno how true that is, mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 hugh_jass_ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Maybe you could invest in one of these... http://www.dynamic-living.com/sonic_boom_clock.htm Might annoy anyone else in the house though.
    Nice one :D
    That will help to get me down to one alarm instead of two!! That still better what i used to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

Make sense to me. I a heavy sleeper normally. I always wonder why i feel sleepy on work morning and then other abnormal morning where i need to get up i react better to waking. Especially when i not in my own bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

DaveMcG wrote:
    Yeah that's wierd when that happens... I'm sure I read something about if you keep repeating the time in your head, that your body wakes up at that time.

Dunno how true that is, mind!
    Well usually i wake up about 3 hours after i've set my alarm for:( . But this has happened when i absolutely have to get up for something at a certain time I repeat it in my head and then i wake up at the right time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

yeh the body clock is amazing..... i was on holidays for 3 weeks in aussie = +10 hours difference, 2nd night i was back i woke up 1min before my alarm to get up for work, even though i was stilll jet-lagged to bits, my body was already adjusted to the routine again.... madness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Sometimes as I'm falling asleep, I repeat in my head 'I will wake at 6am...I will wake at 6am'....and so on until I drift off...and it works....on the nose of 6am, give or take a min or two...I'm wide awake.....then wait for alarm to go off, so I can hit the snooze for another 9 mins of bliss.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hai

It is not a coincidence. You can even plot a graph on the wake up time relatively to the fixed alarm time to prove it. This is biological clock. For me when that happens I feel good because I outrival the alarm clock, keke. Found this article googling 'wake up on time':
    http://www.tipskey.com/self_help/wake_up_on_time.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

That just happened to me the other day, freaky deaky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

Has happened to me quite a lot, especially if I had gone to bed early the night before. If you are getting up at the same time many days in a row your body kind of trains itself to wake up.

It's true too when you wake up 10 minutes to late: you just know you are meant to be up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

This happens to me too lately, i set my alarm and when it goes off i snooze it for ten mins but i always wake up exactly one minute before its due to go off again!

Advertisement