Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Other Powerkiters In Cork

Options
  • 29-10-2006 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

I posted a simular thread on the peoples republic of dork but got very negative replies bar one.
    I am into kites in a big way and know for a fact that there others into kites also.I would like to form a group so we can work at trying to find a suitable inland flying site that can be used all year round.
    I fly delta stunt kites to learn tricks and there are hundreds of tricks to learn.I fly power kites I use for jumping and kite land boarding.

So basically if you are interested or know of anyone else that flys kites let them know about this thread.
    If you are not interested do not reply with the usual "kite are for kids"remarks cause I know for a fact that they are not for kids!!

Thanking you in advance
    Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

That's a funny coincidence - I was down on the beach in Youghal this morning wishing I still had my old delta kite and resolved to buy a new one!

I've seen the hard core land yacht style stuff in France and it looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Delta kites are really good fun and have carbon frames now.Check out this forum:http://www.fracturedaxel.co.uk
    The prices for a top kite is unreal well over two hundred euro but you can allways pick up something secondhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

A friend of mine founded the UCC Kitesurfing club this year. Don't know if its the same thing but it has the word Kite in it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

I'd love to pop along, like flying kites even though my tricks are limited to spirals and recovering from sharp dives, oh and winding up a 100ft tail really fast when it starts to piss rain

I sent you a p.m Tree.I am only learning to trick my stunt kite I can do fades and loors and stalls,quick land and take offs,have dvd tutorials if you want a lend.

I fly the powerkites alot more these days as I am getting the hang of cruzing down the beach at 40mph with the landboard!!!:cool:
    Flew yeasterday for close to five hours at Ballinamona great spot when the wind is right but I fly even if it is'nt.

• Advertisement

deRanged wrote:
    That's a funny coincidence - I was down on the beach in Youghal this morning wishing I still had my old delta kite and resolved to buy a new one!

I've seen the hard core land yacht style stuff in France and it looks amazing.

I found a few more people that like to fly kites and we are having a session at Ballincollig regional park this sunday time to be arranged. visit dublinkiteclub.org to see further info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AlbertH

wideangle wrote:
    I found a few more people that like to fly kites and we are having a session at Ballincollig regional park this sunday time to be arranged. visit dublinkiteclub.org to see further info.

What is Ballincollig Park like for kiting?
    Was it just flying or buggying/baording.

I have now moved to the UK, but I was actively buggying in Inchydoney and know a number of people in Cork who buggy.

Check out www.ipka.info if you are interested in the land traction stuff.
    Kitesurfing - check out www.kitesurfing.ie / www.iksa.ie

So, the short answer to the original inquiry is that there are definitely people doing traction kiting in Cork. I'll contact the people I know and let them know about this posting to see if they would be interested in making contact (I can't really speak for them).

Albert.

Hey Albert,nice one for the info.Ballincollig park was allright,wind picked up before the rain came and the soccer club were not happy about us being there as they have a lease on three of the six pitches.
    I kitelandboard and met with a Spanish kiter who just recently bought a landboard so we had a good laugh last Sunday.

Tell the lads you know about this forum as well:http://www.dublinkiteclub.com
    It is a side and a forum dedicated to all power kite sports.There are three of us from Cork signed up at the moment,would be good to have a few more.
    I fly a proteam 8,ozone fury 3m ozone little devil 6m and a ozone access 8m also just purchased a flexifoil bullet 4.5m.Boardwise have a trampa 35 degree long deck 14 ply with scrub parts.:cool:

Good luck with the U.K.living dude and keep on kiting!!:cool:

Sean

Advertisement