Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a teacher

Options
  • 29-10-2006 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

I have a BA in business Studies and have been working as a retail manager for the past 7 years. I have always wanted to go into teaching and wondered what the best route would be or is it just too late

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Its never too late......But think long and hard before going into secondary school teaching.
    I reckon a postgrad cert in Education would be applicable?
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Or a H.Dip perhaps?

WTF is a postgrad cert in education?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

i second sunnyhims question. I never knew there was another way into teaching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Just use the search option for this forum and look for postgrad.. theres a lot of conversations about the options there.

Here's some very useful info from the dept. ed. website -
    Dept. Ed. Post Grad Info

The other Ireland based option is Hibernia
    Hibernia Post Grad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

UCD (and I think all the other NUI's) have re-named the h. dip in education as 'Postgraduate diploma in Education, (PGDE). They started doing that since September 2006. The courses are the exact same, and the same qualification at the end of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement