Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christian Rock - The Great Debate Round 2

• 29-10-2006 6:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Ok, so here we are, the second Great Debate. This time its Christian Rock, which is basically the same as normal Rock except you replace the girl with Jesus and the Church promotes your record. Well, thats the basics in the American mid-West anywaiz. I heard there is even some Christian Death Metal, and that some bands who have gained notority on Roadrunner (includin Zao and As I Lay Dying) are essentially Christian Death Metal.

This stuff even makes MTV2 over there (Demon Hunter)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIGm-kDaqAw

And then theres just the completely absurd, depending on your viewpoint
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcOiKxfOl88

So what are peoples opinions

Which of these Christian Rock/Metal Bands Would You Listen To? 5 votes

Switchfoot
    0% 0 votes
    Creed
    0% 0 votes
    Third Day
    80% 4 votes
    Building 429
    0% 0 votes
    Demon Hunter
    0% 0 votes
    Zao
    0% 0 votes
    Mortification
    20% 1 vote
    Kutless
    0% 0 votes
    I wouldnt listen to Christian Rock/Metal if you paid me!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Zao kick ass. But don't expect many folk 'round here to pick anything other than option I) on principle there, buddy.

I like my music 'cause it sounds good. Not 'cause its makers share my beliefs or anything. But anyway here are a few more great bands which could be lumped under the Christian category:
    Norma Jean
    Dead Poetic
    He Is Legend
    Comeback Kid (formerly, maybe)
    Thrice (debatable but theres no question 'bout their lyricist)
    Iron Maiden??
    Underoath
    [edit:] Hopesfall (formerly)

Plenty more I can't recall just now...but like I said. It's just music. Should neither be hated nor loved solely for it's message.

Oh and if you think the church ever promoted any Zao record, you're sorely mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'm not aversed to the concept, but I'm afraid to say I haven't really heard any Christian Rock that I've actually enjoyed. I've got a Zao album around here somewhere, and I think they're fairly limp altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

^Could really depend, with Zao, AFAIK. They've had many albums and even more line-up changes over the years so they've had their ups and downs. I think The Funeral Of God is a good bet for a good Zao album though.

Advertisement