Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Well done lads

• 29-10-2006 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Well done everyone on today's performance.

Scoring six goals was brilliant, and it could have been much more.

Also great to see goals coming from the midfield too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

yeah fair play to ya lads, even if i did gift one for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Smashing news chums, credit where its due. Well done to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

Great win from us, pitch was difficult but we got the early lead and held on. Cracker from Neil! And Andy got his just rewards towards the end...
    Our fitness was a bit better than them and it showed second half. We were obviously better organised and had better shape, so a thoroughly deserved victory. On a personal note, absolutely gutted missing at least 4 clear cut chances...as someone said, we could have scored more.

But very encouraging for the league....looking like we'll have a good stab at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

It was a great match to watch! I was surprised at how fit you guys have got.

Knocking in 6 is great, but anyone who was there knows if we had to, it could of
    been 10+ goals. :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

seansouth wrote:
    Scoring six goals was brilliant, and it could have been much more.

For effectively a first game, it was competitive up until the substitutions too effect in the second half..

I insist the result was flattering though :p The second and the header were the pick..

At least that's what I can remember from the game:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1st was an argentina like team goal :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When are the rest of us going to see a highlights package on shakey-cam!?

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    When are the rest of us going to see a highlights package on shakey-cam!?

Mike.

When Des embezzles enough for a camera :D

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    1st was an argentina like team goal :D

Yeah, but I never saw the second...and the fourth was perfect - just out of my reach - an og was the third, the fifth and the sixth were handed to youz on a plate :p

Substitutions and a bit of familiarity would've gone a long way...and a decent ref.:D

dfx- wrote:
    Yeah, but I never saw the second...and the fourth was perfect - just out of my reach - an og was the third, the fifth and the sixth were handed to youz on a plate :p

Substitutions and a bit of familiarity would've gone a long way...and a decent ref.:D

Lol he was from foot.ie and gave us everything, in saying that we did ask. And you only get what you whinge for.

Next week rematch :D

Sadly we will have a lot more subs :D

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

dfx- wrote:

Yeah that second goal wasn't a bad oul strike....!!

If you were the bloke in goal for them then you made some crackin saves mate. Easily stopped us from getting another four or five.

Hopefully get a game goin for next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

your job is safe for another while Des! were you feeling the pressure after early defeats???!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

congrats on the win lads :)

Xavi6 wrote:
    If you were the bloke in goal for them

That was me:o

Who was your number nine? He had so many chances it was untrue..until I literally handed him the last header :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Fair play lads - nice to know that while I was busy beating Vegas yous were dishing out a whuppin to foot.ie. Pity I missed it cos it sounds like it would've been a nice chance to beef up the old goals scored column.

Good to see the fixtures are down on paper, roll on the 12th. Do we have a match sorted for this Sunday? Final game to earn a jersey before the real deal would be sweet.

Fair play lads - nice to know that while I was busy beating Vegas yous were dishing out a whuppin to foot.ie. Pity I missed it cos it sounds like it would've been a nice chance to beef up the old goals scored column.

Good to see the fixtures are down on paper, roll on the 12th. Do we have a match sorted for this Sunday? Final game to earn a jersey before the real deal would be sweet.

Yeah it was a great performance. You missed my goal!!! We're hopin to play them again this Sunday. Even if we don't we have the pitch booked again between 3 and 5.

Remember, go to Spearmint Rhino while you're there. You won't regret it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Xavi6 wrote:
    You missed my goal!!!

Nothing special tbh.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Nothing special tbh.

Yeah I suppose. Long range efforts are overrated.

Xavi6 wrote:
    Yeah I suppose. Long range efforts are overrated.

Definitely. Team goals are far better.

This is what we have to aspire to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhXEGgFAhno

Golazo Golazo Golazo Golazo Golazo Golazo Golazo Golazo Golazo

Gollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Gollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Gollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllazo!

Riquelme - Maxi Rodriguez - Sorin - Maxi Rodriguez - Sorin - Mascherano - Riquelme - Ayala - Cambiasso - Mascherano - Maxi Rodriguez - Sorin - Maxi Rodriguez - Cambiasso - Riquelme - Mascherano - Sorin - Saviola - Maxi Rodriguez - Saviola - Cambiasso - Crespo - Cambiasso - Back of the net.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Definitely. Team goals are far better.

This is what we have to aspire to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhXEGgFAhno

Gollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllazo!

Riquelme - Maxi Rodriguez - Sorin - Maxi Rodriguez - Sorin - Mascherano - Riquelme - Ayala - Cambiasso - Mascherano - Maxi Rodriguez - Sorin - Maxi Rodriguez - Cambiasso - Riquelme - Mascherano - Sorin - Saviola - Maxi Rodriguez - Saviola - Cambiasso - Crespo - Cambiasso - Back of the net.

You don't think that could, er, set the bar a little high??:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

dfx- wrote:
    Who was your number nine? He had so many chances it was untrue..until I literally handed him the last header :o

And the mind-games begin...

- Neilbiasso - Savmaniola - Neilbiasso - Andy - Enda - me Back of the net.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/mygoal.JPG

I saw nothing different!!!!

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:

- Neilbiasso - Savmaniola - Neilbiasso - Andy - Enda - me Back of the net.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~kdjac/mygoal.JPG

I saw nothing different!!!!

kdjac

I got the first pass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Xavi6 wrote:
    Remember, go to Spearmint Rhino while you're there. You won't regret it!!!

Tried and failed. In hindsight staggering up to it after an uninterrupted 36 hour binge and calling the bouncer 'tuts' just wasn't a good idea and I reckon if they have a barred list I'm on it. There was some well doable canadian bird getting her jugs out for the lads and giving us all lapdances during a f*cked up party we had in our room probably around 11am on Friday though.

No sign of that game for Sunday - any other teams to give a shout?

Sounds like that film "Very Bad Things" :D

Advertisement