Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any news on these skateparks?

Options
  • 29-10-2006 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Who got the contracts?What materiel concrete or modular?What is start date/completition date?Where is the site located?

Tralee
    Waterford
    Tramore
    Limerick

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Mark Wojton

Haven't seen anything on etenders.gov.ie
    Tralee should turn out good if Bruce has anything to say about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Were not getting ours now.. There building an ice rink :D Legends I must say! That will be a nice thing to say to the guards the next time they stop us for skating.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Hey Defvision,are you serious about the skatepark not being built in Waterford?That sucks alot,crooked government give out cash for skateparks and build ice rinks!!!Noone is going to use a friggen ice rink not the kids any way cause thay all got heeley shoes now!!

Yea so my friend was say he was like in with the whole planning process and stuf!

He said to me the other day actually that they will "continue" after christmas as there only doing it as a christmas thing..

TBH it wont get done lol I know it wont! We get so much stick for being skateboarders its so annoying and they wont build us a proper skatepark! If it bother the council and stuf that much why dont they just build one!

but it wont stop us skating the old places either so like... yea haha :D :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

DeafVision wrote:
    Yea so my friend was say he was like in with the whole planning process and stuf!

He said to me the other day actually that they will "continue" after christmas as there only doing it as a christmas thing..

TBH it wont get done lol I know it wont!

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!
    Thats just what they want ya to do - so they can prove themselves right

" Ya see they don't really want skateparks, its just a fad "

Bushy & Lucan took YEARS, but we got there in da end.
    Ya really need to get someone on your side in da council.
    Get a crew together (with at least 1 person who doesn't have a problem speakin to officials/civil servants)

The money was allocated about a year ago by Dick Roche, and most councils in Ireland got somethin. (there's a previous post here somewhere with a list of who got what)

Demand a meeting with the right people & get it sorted

Good luck

JohnBoy

• Advertisement

we have already done that theres been several meetings and they gave us designs to choose from we picked one and they said they would build that for us ! Even tho they say the ice rink is for winter I honestly think they'll just get too lazy and not build it afterwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Seriously doubt that it is leagel to apply for funding to build a skatepark start it and then turn around and put a ice rink on the site instead.
    Also they have signed contracts with the contractors to build a skatepark not a ice rink!!

I am guessing here but I reckon the ice rink is in a marquee like the one that was in Killarney for christmas last year,this is the ice rink that is going to be in Waterford for christmas this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dr_MalPractice

wideangle wrote:

I am guessing here but I reckon the ice rink is in a marquee like the one that was in Killarney for christmas last year,this is the ice rink that is going to be in Waterford for christmas this year.

As far as i know, that rink is back in killarney this year. Last time, tralee general hospital saw a surge in people presenting at A&E with broken bones (mainly fingers, but with the odd wrist thrown in for good measure).

As far as i know, that rink is back in killarney this year. Last time, tralee general hospital saw a surge in people presenting at A&E with broken bones (mainly fingers, but with the odd wrist thrown in for good measure).

haha I said that, they will get sued cause little kids will go on it break a ankle or hand and then there parents will go crazy and try to go compensation...

All the while if they build the the skatepark and if we broke an arm or a leg would we sue? No! I hate the whole if you hurt yourself you'll sue us! its really annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chong1

DeafVision wrote:
    All the while if they build the the skatepark and if we broke an arm or a leg would we sue? No! I hate the whole if you hurt yourself you'll sue us! its really annoying!

Aw man, you couldnt have got it any more right!!

I think any1 who has a legitimate reason to sue some1 for personal injuries is okay, eg: some dude gets his back broken and is paralised for life, cant work, cant do fu*k all, yeah this person deserves somethin.
    Now, if some little waste of space, parasite, if u will, that falls over with a broken arm, not that serious, not gonna effect the rest of that persons life, and goes to sue some1 over it. These type of people should be PUT DOWN LIKE A DOG. Its a disgrace that people get away with this fraud!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

As far as I know, the Tramore park will be a bunch of modular ramps on the seafront in a similar/same location to the old park in the late 90s beside where Ed's Shed used be.

From what I've heard about the Waterford park, the site needs major drainage work as it's right on the river, but so far there's a lot of clashing ideas between those who want a plaza design and those who want a bowl park. A design inspired by Greystones would be a good comprimise.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

hey guys,

a full list of all skateparks can be found on the goreyskateclub website,

www.goreykateclub.com

will update the info soon as

peace

Advertisement