Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moto GP - Rossi loses title

• 29-10-2006 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

I don't watch Moto GP often but saw most of today's race before I had to leave for a journey. Rossi has never experienced a last-race title-decider before. It looked as if he cracked under the pressure...

Shorter races, more overtaking - F1 should take note.
    However pre-race build-up not as good as ITV do for F1 despite the delectable Suzi Perry. I've seen her on TV before, never realised she is soooo gorgeous!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Yeah, he got a crap start and was stuck behind stoner and lost the front in a stupidly slow corner. Shame though, he did show serious character and grit and didn't give up, even when 51 points behind hayden.

I still reckon Hayden isn't worthy of this year's championship though. He had 1 DNF all season and Rossi had mechanical failures (France, Laguna) got taken out in another (Jerez, got up and finished 14th) and was far from full fitness in another (Assen). Of his two wins, Nicky was gifted one (assen) and the other was basically in his back yard. Having said that, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and fair play to him :D

Quote of the day has to go to winner Troy Bayliss: "To take a win is incredible - I've showed I can still ride around in circles pretty fast!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Just watched the highlights.... ah sure Rossi has loads of trophies, time for someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

Rossi did brake a bone in his right wrist and ankle and returned for the race the next day.... can you imagine braking for a corner with a broken bone in your right wrist...... he had some apalling luck this season.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

If rossi had won the last race in estoril, which he lost first place by 0.002 he would have won the championship anyway, but over the season i think Rossi deserved to win the championship because of his sheer bad luck early in the season. He was the mosts consistant rider all season but fair play to hayden anyway.

I think nobody stands a chance against rossi next season, he's gona destroy all. I dont even think hayden will be his main rival next season i can see Caparossi & Pedrosa being the only riders that could stop him & maybe melandri but i dont see anyone coming close!
    pburns wrote:
    Shorter races, more overtaking - F1 should take note.
    However pre-race build-up not as good as ITV do for F1 despite the delectable Suzi Perry. I've seen her on TV before, never realised she is soooo gorgeous!

I dont watch any MotoGP coverage other than Eurosports its second to none, those guys actually know a little something about the sport. ITV's coverage is poor and RTE's laughable with...youve guessed it Peter Collins :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

dceire wrote:

I think nobody stands a chance against rossi next season, he's gona destroy all. I dont even think hayden will be his main rival next season i can see Caparossi & Pedrosa being the only riders that could stop him & maybe melandri but i dont see anyone coming close!
    I'd be holding my guns on that one. The new rules are going to suit honda (they always do as they have the most cash to throw about) and pedrosa (he weighs nothing and the bikes will be more like 250s to ride). The Ducati is fast as hell in testing and if Capirossi doesn't manage to injure himself and stoner manages not to highside the thing into the car park they'll be a major threat. Nakano managed to sort out a honda and he's got some serious racing behind him on inferior machines. Having said all that, we've seen that Rossi is quick in anything (125, 250, 500, 990cc motogp, rally cars and f1 cars, not to mention winning the 8 hour on the VTR superbike) and mad as hell. Hopefully it all turns into a ten way dogfight that'll lead to sofas being driven round living rooms the world over! can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Wouldn't call myself a major MotoGp fan, but i have watched every race of the past 2 seasons - In my opinion it is far more entertaining than F1.

In regards to the build up to races - BBC have a lot more coverage on their interactive service - suppose they have time constraints on the terestrial channel - but they do show some very interesting stuff before every race.

I think it was 2 weeks ago they showed the manufacturing garage for a new team next year, how the engines were cut from one big lump of steel. It then went into a measurement chamber and the presenter asked how accurate it was "to 1/100th of a human hair" was the response :eek:

As regards the championship - obviously both rossi and hayden could have won it. As regards luck i think hayden had the worst bit of luck in the penultimate race when pedrosa stupidly took him out. If that had not have happened the championship would have certainly been his. i know rossi has had his fair share of bad luck - but as the old saying goes if you didnt have bad luck you wouldnt have any luck.

I was delighted for hayden, even though i would probably be a big fan of rossi. The pure emotion he showed when pedrosa took him out 3 weeks ago, and again when he knew he had won it was amazing. His family were delighted for him, his brother was in tears in the paddock after it, and his dad was overwhelmed - it really was a family affair.

Anways can't wait till next march i think when the new season begins, dropping down to 800cc will be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

dceire wrote:
    I dont watch any MotoGP coverage other than Eurosports its second to none, those guys actually know a little something about the sport. ITV's coverage is poor and RTE's laughable with...youve guessed it Peter Collins :rolleyes:

I dont think UTV have coverage of MotoGP do they? i havnt got eurosport but i have seen a few races on it and the coverage is excellent and as you said the presenters do actually know what they are talking about.

I watch BBC for it and i have to say it is great coverage from them, i really enjoy susie perry's brundlesque pitwalks and the commentators also have a high knowledge of the sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

sorry i meant to say bbc :rolleyes: anyway i cant wait for next season already its going to be another great year whatever happens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

ive become more and more interested in moto gp as formula 1 has lost its appeal to me. I love watchin rossi driving and under any other circumstances i would have h8d to see him lose the title the way he did

but havin watchin the 2nd last race i couldn't feel anything but happy for hayden... it was so harsh what happened to him in the 2nd last race and although rossi has had more than his fair share of bad fortune this season i'm delighted hayden got the crown.

I fancy Rossi to claim it back next year though with pedrosa pushing him hard. i'm not sure if hayden is up to repeating his feat

Advertisement