Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corsair Compatibility Question

Options
  • 29-10-2006 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

Does anyone know if the following memory from Komplett would be properly compatible with the memory I already have:

My Memory:
    Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PRO

Komplett Memory
    Corsair XMS PRO 3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB CL2 32Meg x 8
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=120855

It's slightly different and I know these high end-ish parts can be a little fussy about what will work with each other etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The Corsair TWINX1024-3200C2PRO uses 2-3-3-6 timings.

The Corsair XMS PRO 3200 also uses 2-3-3-6 timings.

So you should be okay they probably use the same chips in each package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yeah should work no problems, But they arnt highend at all. Their pretty much bottom end nowadays.

Hope your not planning to overclock with this ram either, I had it And had to run dividers if i went over 230hz.

I would reccoment getting ddr 3500 or ddr 4000.

But if you dont plan on overclocking dont worry

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Heh, I know it's not high end anymore, but it was back in it's day which is kinda what I meant. :o
    No I don't plan on overclocking, but as I'm stuck with Skt 939 for the mo and I only have 1GB of memory, it's most likely worth my while sticking in an extra gig.

Advertisement