Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I cycle from Rathmines to rock road?

Options
  • 29-10-2006 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Tommorrow morning? Want to cycle to Bray and to sally gap. Or is it closed coz of marathon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

That's a silly gap!

(Sorry, don't know...)

You can if you think you can!

I believe in you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

N11
    The N11 is unaffected by the adidas Dublin Marathon, except for the slip roads onto and off the Belfield flyover as the runners go from Fosters avenue to Nutley Lane.

Rock Road
    Traffic accessing the city centre will be diverted at the Merrion Gates or can divert up onto the N11.

I'd suggest going along the N11 and then turning down near the Booterstown area.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Rathmines to Sally Gap, let me pass on my congrats if ya do that, thats a massive cycle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sheefted from AH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭11.3 SECONDS

The marathon passes the front gate of UCD Belfield.

You could cycle down to the front gate of UCD if you know it, dismount and walk across the bridge with the runners - for about 100 metres - to the far side and off down to Bray on the N11.

Alternatively, follow the marathon runners through Clonskeagh and down Fosters Avenue. At the bottom of Fosters Avenue they go left and you go right. Easy !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

Actually, a much better way is to go through Dundrum down the R117 towards Enniskerry. The N11 cycle lane is absolutely **** southbound after Cornelscourt, plus if you out the backside of Bray and are aiming to hit the mountains that way, you ned to go on a short 500m or so stretch of 100km/h N11 just before it becomes M11 - i.e., really dangerous.

Enniskerry from Dundrum is far better IMHO. Either way, while you *can* do it, the inclines near Sally Gap can be enough to be really painful!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Poor Sally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Its cold wear some gloves

Advertisement