Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what does "shill" mean??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

what does "girlfriend" mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

DeVore wrote:
    Honest to God if any girlfriend of mine said that to me in the morning as a response to "how are you" I'd dump the vaccous materialistic cow! LOL

So I guess its relatively accurate and also probably explains why I'm single... :)

DeV.

Dev is at his best when no wimmen are around. He can relax and take it easy!

:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

In the immortal word of Worm from Rounders: "In the poker game of life, women are the rake".

(I'm sowwy Ruthie, Thead, tSubh et al.... um, Asok made me do it. yeah.)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

First you get the money, then you get the powa, then you get to deal with the idiot on HelpDesk who can't read the sticky, then you get.... the women.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Talliesin wrote:
    We do our best to make the gain zero or negative.
    Just throwing this out there, how about a hall of shame page?

List all the companies the mods have caught shilling on boards.ie. Knowing a company was at this would certainly discourage me from giving them any business.

Fight the [strike]powah[/strike] shills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sleepy wrote:
    Just throwing this out there, how about a hall of shame page?

List all the companies the mods have caught shilling on boards.ie. Knowing a company was at this would certainly discourage me from giving them any business.

Fight the [strike]powah[/strike] shills.
    The biggest shills that I have seen have been Universal Music. DeV has a blog post about it iirc.

They had a heapload of shills working away in the music fora acclaiming newand old bands. Univershill Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Yeah, I remember that. Just thought a section dedicated to shaming shills / helping boycot the companies they work for might make a (small) difference in terms of the practice or perhaps a larger one in terms of putting off shills that post here?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I love the idea but its fraught with danger. We put up such an "allegation" and list the company... its then up to us to prove it if they challenge it. Personally, I'd be happy to do so (and have done with Univershill) but it requires careful level headed consideration. (Probably not my strong suit!)

I'm not saying no, I'm saying there is a flip-side that needs considering...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Uh huh blame poor Asok...
    Really there is only one way to respond to that
    Worm: She's really got him by the balls.
    Petra: That's not so bad, is it?
    Worm: It depends on the grip!

:P

google work from home with broadband and you will see the ammount of companies that will pay you to sit and corrupt online communities.
    This is also happening with blogs.

I mean really even my kids think advertising is dum and have wondered what a world with out it would be like and could not all the ad posters be replaced with pretty pictures or at least something intresting to look at.

As boards.ie get bigger this will become more of a problem as it wil be harder to get to know the many posters that start to make up the regulars of a forum.

Advertisement