Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prevent Halloween Horrors!

Options
  • 29-10-2006 9:53pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

As halloween is upon us, if I may :o I'd like to make an appeal to the public to please supervise bonefires and fireworks in their neighbourhood to prevent any animals being harmed. This time of year can be a nightmare for animals who are abused horifically!

Recently a cat was thrown on a bonefire and was rescued afterwards in agony. Please try to supervise, as prevention is way better than cure!!!!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Totally agree, even if you have to keep your dogs and cats locked up in the house for the next week. Too many already been spooked by bangers and worse, be extra vigilent. Also if you have any small animals eg rabbits make sure they aren't near anywhere where there will be bangers/fireworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 EsmeWeatherwax

Little f****s next door set bangers off at half two this morning. Poor dog went nuts, actually peed himself in fright. I usually bring him in, hes strong enough to pull off his chain.

Doesnt seem to bother the cats, oddly enough. Maybe its because its not their first Halloween.

Advertisement