Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

music on laptop - software recommendation

Options
  • 29-10-2006 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,

(not sure if this is in the right place)

Im gonna dedicate an old laptop of mine to music, ie hook it up to speakers and have it set up in my living room. Was wondering if anyone could recommend some (preferably free) software.

Looking for something that will
    -clearly display songs/playlists
    -good interface easy to add/delete/move songs etc
    -fade tracks into each other
    -a simple equaliser

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Is it just something for playing music? If so I'd go with Winamp, it does everything you mentioned there and its simple and reliable. Other options would be MediaMonkey or iTunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Earwig Eddie

mediamonkey looks good, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Get Media Monkey. it is an excellent music library manager and fully customisable. You can also install different scripts to add even more flexibility. There's an auto DJ function, you can play music based on mood. You can play a song and it will suggest a similar band for you t listen to.
    http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/ is a wealth of information about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

:cool: I use PCDJ, fully searchable databse, CD ripping, tag management, can put songs into a waitlist, play them automatically and has lots of other good features. Visit here for more info. http://www.pcdj.com I use the PCDJ FX VRM with the karaoke plugin, but the red or blue version are good as well. You can download trial versions as well as skins, tips n tricks on the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭eddyc

Beleive it or not itunes is actually a really good music player for the pc, has burning , video, convert id3 tags, edit tags of multiple tracks at once, seamless playback for dj mix albums, it will download album art for ya too and podcast support also.Never had an ipod meself but have to say itunes is the best IMHO

• Advertisement
Advertisement