Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hickeys

• 29-10-2006 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

Anyone know a good way to get rid of hickeys? My boyfriend gave me one as a hilarious joke, looked fine at the time but it's coming up quite red. I'm going to have to kill him/get him back, but firstly I need to get rid of this thing!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

small wrote:
    Anyone know a good way to get rid of hickeys? My boyfriend gave me one as a hilarious joke, looked fine at the time but it's coming up quite red.

Wear a Scarf

Failing that, I always find women are able to put a little concealer over the 'blemish' to disguise it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

1. Ignore it
    2. Wait a few days
    3. ...
    4. Profit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭upthere

put zovirax on it makes it look like ur trying to get rid of a spot or something. use cream or powder to make it look like it's a skin complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Toothpaste FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Pretend it's a birthmark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

small wrote:
    Anyone know a good way to get rid of hickeys? My boyfriend gave me one as a hilarious joke, looked fine at the time but it's coming up quite red. I'm going to have to kill him/get him back, but firstly I need to get rid of this thing!!!!!
    Unfortunately theres no quick fix for hickeys... if its 'fresh' [lol] put an icepack on it and it'll ease the blood coming to the surface causing the bruise. Otherwise keep applying toothpaste or arnica and it should be gone in a few days.
    Luckily for you its cold out so you can get away with wearing a scarf if you want to hide it:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Was it your partner who posted here a few weeks ago wondering how to give someone a hickey? :) Perfect time of year to put on a scarf alright. Anything cold will help constrict the blood vessels and keep it from getting any bigger anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

makeup, scarf, turtle necks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Richard Nixon mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tar.Aldarion, unhelpful and off-topic posting will get you banned from this forum.
    Do take time to read the charter which contains the rules and abide by them.
    Have a nice day.
    Thaedydal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Get some arnica cream from the chemist.

Advertisement