Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reading week

Options
  • 30-10-2006 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

apart from monday obviously,we've got a full week this week yea?
    i assumed we had as i know we dont get a mid-term break(:mad: )but a friend said she heard that not all lectures are on or something?

I'm hoping im wrong but i think i know im not....:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Well, it's different for different departments/schools.

I'm a History MA, and I know for a fact that History has a reading week this week, which means no lectures for any History students...

...altho I also have a Graduate school module, which means I have at least 2 lectures this week. Grrrr:mad:

Welcome to modularisation, kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

oh right!well then my friend was right....damn though i must have all my lectures on

so would they have told us if we didnt have lectures because none of my lecturers mentioned anything?

Um... Well, aside from ONE email I got from my professor 2 days ago, nobody in our dept told me either. It just seemed to be assumed that it was common knowledge.

What courses do you do?

oh right :o

im in first year physiotherapy

Hmmm... Well tbh I have no idea when/if they have a reading week in 1st Physiotherapy. I'd assume they don't though.

PM dajaffa, I think she's in Physiotherapy (albeit 3rd yr) so she'll probably know.

• Advertisement

ok thanks for your help anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Reading week varies from subject to subject, so you'd really have to ask someone within your school.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Politics lectures are on as are economics ones, so you really need to ask the department.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Irish is on and so's Linguistics.

bah...
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I don't think there is a reading week outside arts, so it would probably be a good assumption for anyone not doing arts that their lectures are on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

History and English aren't on! :D

Although I think psychology is... no way am I heading all the way over for a one hour lecture in a course that's only my elective where there are no tests but only two essays which I'll have to research for anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

No reading week for us, of course (3rd CS)... though sometimes a Coding Week wouid be very much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Hmmm... Well tbh I have no idea when/if they have a reading week in 1st Physiotherapy. I'd assume they don't though.

PM dajaffa, I think she's in Physiotherapy (albeit 3rd yr) so she'll probably know.

No reading week 4 us boooooooooo, all we get is that week before the exams. Just to bring some happiness I want to point out that semester 2 will be way more fun than what you're doing now ;)

Note, I'm second year + am no longer the lonely physio on boards apparently!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Think ill have a redaing week, though I took one last week too ;)...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Art History is having a reading week and Irish isn't, but i couldn't be arsed to go in for just one 9 o clock lecture so pretty much no college going for me this week. Yay.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Think ill have a redaing week, though I took one last week too ;)...
    yep im havin a reading week too ;) hehehe lovin it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

best week ever, able to get parking for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

Art History is having a reading week and Irish isn't, but i couldn't be arsed to go in for just one 9 o clock lecture so pretty much no college going for me this week. Yay.

Is that Gaeilge Claisiceach you're missing? I didn't even know you were in that class! Though you'd be forgiven for thinking I wasn't too....uuggghh
    Scraggs wrote:
    Irish is on and so's Linguistics.

bah...
    :(

Didn't stop several of my lecturerers in both from mysteriously not showing up. As far as I know some of the lecturers just randomly assumed it was a reading week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

Okay guys this week is Week 8 and so we have 5 weeks before the exams.Just up your study time so you can cover the key topics for the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Chakar wrote:
    Okay guys this week is Week 8 and so we have 5 weeks before the exams.Just up your study time so you can cover the key topics for the exams.

Some things go without saying...so don't say them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Vainglory

elmyra wrote:
    Some things go without saying...so don't say them.

In the midst of the living hell that is an essay on paradigm shifts and their alleged rationality, this brought some joy to my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kokui

Books are great

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Chakar wrote:
    It's bloody hard to find study time when the assignments are flying thick and fast!

Advertisement