Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightclubs

Options
  • 30-10-2006 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

I was just wondering where everyones favourite place to go clubbing is?
    I mean CP's always gets the crowds and I love going apart from the fact that it can be a bit of a grope fest!
    CUBA has good days and bad days and its pot luck which one you get,at least in my opinion.
    CLUB Q-well you have to hand it to them,it has a savage dancefloor....if nothing else
    GPO-What can you say about this place,you either love it or hate it!I mean its ok but could do with a bit of a revamp I think,anyone agree???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Eh! It's a toss-up! I'm not even gonna pretend that I like clubs anymore. but if I was going, GPO or Cuba are the most neutral. CPs is.... (rest of post omitted for legal reasons)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

GPO is actually my favourite, great place. I used to like Cuba an awful lot but now, not so sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

Was in Karma for the first time there last thursday night, enjoyed it!
    Dont like the GPO but occasionally head there on mondays (free in!)
    CP's is good enough and I hate Cuba, although I havent been there in a long time, I used to love Boo Radleys on a wednesday night!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Gpo on wednesday = eighties night!
    how couldn't you love it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Halo or Karma really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Cps every time.. I used to work there and Its seems to have a higer score rate for me than any other club ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Depends on so many things. How drunk you are, who your there with, what music there playing etc.
    That said haven't been to Club Q in ages never really got into the vibe + to far away.
    Boo's (or whatever there calling it these days) can be good but has dance floor the size of postage stamp
    Cuba can be pot luck in the fact that there can be absolutely noone there one night and jammed the next but it does have 2 floor playing 2 diff styles which is good
    GPO needs a revamp but i've had some of my best nights there (also wed 80's night + free tequila)
    Karma one of the more consistent but never seems to play my kinda music but not bad
    CP's everybody knows the score if ya don't like don't go there but some nights you just might want that.
    Kaytoo (or whatever it is) is the only place i don't go to on principle. As one of my mates once described the clientele "drunk, underage, pregnant, knackers"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Dont bother much really anymore , im happy with a late bar.If i did go out to a club id have to go with Halo, crowds are too young everywhere else, maybe the Warwick aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

have to admit tho if it wasnt for 80's night i really dunno how id survive!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

used to hate cp's coz it was full of boggers and ****, but it's usually a good laugh. i tink clubs all depend on what u make of em and who you're with.

but sometimes you just want a late bar, and the only late bar all week is bar 903. had some good laffs there, but so sick of it. those muppets playing guitar play the same songs every night, and turn it up loud enough to stop all conversation. there needs to be a second all week late bar close to town (roisins is a good bit away). i nominate taafes!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 ?banned?

padi89 wrote:
    Dont bother much really anymore , im happy with a late bar.If i did go out to a club id have to go with Halo, crowds are too young everywhere else, maybe the Warwick aswell.

Same as... although I've never been to Halo. I love the Warwick. Such a varied crowd. You've got the main area downstairs, butlers bar upstairs and the band area. It sucks on a Friday night though. Plus it takes the hassle out of a Saturday night by staying away from town.... Plus I live in salthill so its only a short stroll home afterwards!

kevmy wrote:
    Kaytoo (or whatever it is) is the only place i don't go to on principle. As one of my mates once described the clientele "drunk, underage, pregnant, knackers"

i ended up there once.... not a good night, but we couldnt get in anywhere else as it was rag week (of course). anyway, the jumper of my friends friend was pissed on

I hate CPs with a passion. It was the worst place possible just after the smoking ban. Man that place smoked. Like RHG, I probably shouldn't go on bout why I hate it so much for legal reasons :p

I love GPO on Wednesday i.e. 80s night, and Cuba is fun sometimes. I was in Kennedys last night and I have to say that i enjoyed myself so much so methinks I might just go back there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I hate CPs sooo mcuh, I mean my god it is terrible.

I like Cuba, GPO sometimes...
    Cuba was class last night.

I hate CPs sooo much, I mean my god it is terrible.

Yes!
    I hate CPs with a passion.

YES!!!

It is a toilet place.. where toilets are... No offence DRakE, but jeeeeeesus! that places sucks!

Some of the things i saw there were beyond wrong! My friend who was a bouncer there had to leave after some of the stuff he saw going on!

everyone seems to hate cps, myself included, but it's always full

JIZZLORD wrote:
    it's always full

...of poo and vomit!

...of poo and vomit!

And sleazy middle aged men hoping to score with teenagers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

I used to love cuba but I think its a bit hit and miss. Cps is only good if you dont remember being there. Dont like the gpo and despise the radisson. Started going to late bars alot more lately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

JIZZLORD wrote:
    Gpo on wednesday = eighties night!
    how couldn't you love it

80's are you serious? Is he serios? The 80's was undoubtedly the ****tiest years for music, bad clothes and hair styles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

To be fair, that night is so much fun.

My friend who was a bouncer there had to leave after some of the stuff he saw going on!

Such as ?

I hate CPs sooo mcuh, I mean my god it is terrible.

I like Cuba, GPO sometimes...
    Cuba was class last night.
    But CP's has classy women!:confused:
    Halo:Older women,harder to pull,have to lie about age and job(well if you are my age)but you are a legend among your friends if you pull.
    GPO:Best nightclub for the craic with friends.For example, the baywatch song came on Tuesday night, I took off my shirt and start slow running across the dance floor(bouncer just laughed at me)Monday nights is the best student night around.
    Boo Radleys:Same as GPO but GPO does it 100 times better.
    Cuba:Hit and miss,don't really like it,I find it very cliquey.
    Club Q:If you want to pull women(disregarding age dress sense and looks), go here.
    Ihave to say my favourite nightclubs are CP's and GPO!

But CP's has classy women!:confused:
    Oh god, hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Classy women you can bring back to your apartment!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭the-furbo

:D so true...full of creepbags in there!!!

Classy women you can bring back to your apartment!;)

You must be known in the Clinics:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Steyr wrote:
    The 80's was undoubtedly the ****tiest years for music, bad clothes and hair styles.

Thats the whole reason..........???????? Dont you get it???????

No point in being all serious about the music when your out for a night out.Most of the nightclubs and bars around play Pop music anyways so its all the same.Some of the best nights out ive ever had were Sh1tenights in the GPO (when everyone bothered to dress up), Bananarama , MC Hammer and the likes ,extremley cheesy but funny as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Don't knock it until..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Steyr wrote:
    80's are you serious? Is he serios? The 80's was undoubtedly the ****tiest years for music, bad clothes and hair styles.

Lies.

Advertisement