Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimp my VST!

• 30-10-2006 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Some of you might remember that I posted a request for beta testers for my VST plugin effect a few months back. Well, I'm making it available to the general public now - its a free effect whose purpose is to create a perceptual snapshot of an instance of sound and manipulate this snapshot to create all sorts of drones. It would probably appeal mostly to sound designers or anyone interested in creating crazy drone based sounds.

Its completely free and can be downloaded here: http://www.box.net/public/abdfp4kvz2

Please send any feedback to thawvst [at] gmail [dot] com. I'd love if people actually used it :D

Thanks,

cornbb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bah can't use it I'm using peat-burning Win98 se

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Hmm, I specified Windows 2000/XP in the readme but never got a chance to actually test it in 98. If you're assuming you can't use it cos of what I said, give it a go anyway and let me know how it goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭Omnipresence

Hey just trying it out there... fair play....

Would have one request....

Sync to tempo ..

So that the LFOs etc could be a factor/fraction of the given tempo...

-A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay just gave it a run-out using EnergyXT as the host - routing Atmosphere VSTi though it and it works just fine, quite interesting artifacts to add mystery sounds to the original.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

aloleary wrote:
    Would have one request....

Sync to tempo ..

So that the LFOs etc could be a factor/fraction of the given tempo...
    Excellent suggestion, I hadn't thought of that
    mike65 wrote:
    Okay just gave it a run-out using EnergyXT as the host - routing Atmosphere VSTi though it and it works just fine, quite interesting artifacts to add mystery sounds to the original.
    Sweet, thanks, I'll change the change the minimum requirements to include Windows98.

Thanks for the feedback guys, keep it coming :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement