Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Car?

Options
  • 30-10-2006 6:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭

Hey, wondering if you could give me some advice on what sort of car I should get. I've been searching all over cbg, carzone etc etc.. but just can't find anything I really like!

Basically I want a comfortable, safe and fast car (200BP+) with abit of weight on it. I currently drive a 96 328i and downgrading to anything slower would just be boring and no fun:D I'm not a speed freak or anything, rarely push the current one past 5k revs put I like to have it there now and again

Not interested in anything fancy like porchse/TT etc. I don't particuarly like having a "Beamer", although they are gr8 cars if a little expensive.

My budget is 20k (eur).

I was thinking of a Golf 2.8 V6 4MOTION. There are a few on carzone. An R32 would be great but I think that's a bit outside my price range. Also considering another BMW, the 330 looks like the best fit there. Dont think Id go for an M3, as 20k would only get me a 97/98 model which would cost too much to maintain. Nissan 350z's are a bit out of my price range..

So what other cars fit this category? Any decent Alfa's/Audi's etc??

Oh yeah, preferable 3-door/coupe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Unless your car has suffered from the nikasil bore wear issue, I think you already have one of the best cars out there. If it was me, I think Id go for an e46 330ci or 330d which both seem get great reviews from the magazines. Tax even more scary though as Im sure you can imagine!

As a pointer, I tend to go to the stash of old magazines I have for reviews / advice which choosing a car. Perhaps you have some too? - If youre lucky, you may have a copy of the top Gear mags from a few years back with the annual JD power surveys of the cars on the road. Unfortunetly I dont have them local to me now for more focused advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You might want to try THIS or THAT for size.

Front wheel drive though ...so the 200+ horses will anounce their presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I've got a nice 2001 530i if you're interested (around €18k)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

peasant wrote:
    You might want to try THIS or THAT for size.

Front wheel drive though ...so the 200+ horses will anounce their presence.

Hmm, that second one has me drooling, only a few more years till I can get insurance on such a beast and I'll have something like that. Nothing overly flashy, just sits there asking to be driven (at least to my mind!).

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

DC5 Honda Integra Type R

• Advertisement
Advertisement