Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little bit of Mould

Options
  • 30-10-2006 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

My en suite seems to have a little mould on the wall and around the window, I checked the air vent and noticed when I removed it the hole to let the air in is about 1/10 the size of the vent and there is wooden latts behind the vent so I cant remove them. very little air seems to be getting in when I put my hand up to feel the air coming in. could this be causing the mould, also my home is on the 10 year bond with a year left , what are my options,and what can I do about the mould although small now but what to nip it in the bud thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

What kind of wooden latts?

Can you cut a bigger hole in them?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

how big is the hole that lets wir in. They are normaly smaller than vents. Vents are about 225 square and its common to have a 100 diameter pipe behind it as the vent. Can you get a picture.

As for homebond, you won't be covered with this, homebond only covers structure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

wyndham wrote:
    What kind of wooden latts?I
    Can you cut a bigger hole in them?
    think latts that the plaster board gets screwed to.can these be cut

Advertisement