Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband

Options
  • 30-10-2006 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hiya
    ive been with Eircom broadband since last christmas and so far there have been no problems.
    yesterday I received a bill from them and it said it was the final bill. When i checked the biil I could see there was a "cease order" put through last week.
    I phoned eircom and they kept insisting I had cancelled the service last week. I hadnt... I was away last week and no one else in the house could have done this.

They then said that another company have stepped in and taken over the service to me without my permission !!!!!!!!
    They said they dont know who the company is and I should contact Comreg to find out who im connected with. But as far as Eircom are concerned im not with them anymore ( even though I can still get online through their icon on m desktop. It looks like we will just have to wait and see who we get the next bill from. But maybe we now have free broadband.. yeehah

We did notice last night that the speed is a lot slower than before. But were not using the dial up connection as i was able to make a call and be online at the same time. Im absolutely flabbergasted.

Has this happened to anyone else ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 girly43

Ivw done that... and it says me telephony supplier is Eircom . Been back in contact and they insist I havent got an account with them

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

There are times when it appears Eircoms mission in life is to cause as much grief to their customers as they can. The situation you find yourself in a discrace. It seems Eircoms right hand has no idea what the left hand is up to and as for Comreg - don't get me started on those idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

This was happening in the UK , some gangsters in call centers where filling out false transfer forms and giving them to BT and switching people from BT to their service by diception.

If this has happened in this case you should stay with them for one month and then apply to Eircom for switch back . The bill for the month from the other operator should be binned as by law you are not liable for the bill as you didnt request to be switched!!!! Play them at their own game .

Advertisement