Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapter One

• 30-10-2006 12:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

The GF brought me out to Chapter One for my birthday recently and I just wanted to let everyone know how great the place is.

Link: Chapter One

Before entering the place you cant help but notice the numerous awards for Restaurant of the Year, Chef of the Year, Service of the year.... and it goes on.

There was a very friendly greeting on entering the place and our jackets were taken off us before we were seated.

The Maitre D' (sp?) came over and advised on a few dishes and then out of the blue wished be a happy birthday.

Now here's the funny thing. My GF booked that place but never mentioned a bday and I never said anything.

Just shows you how good the guy was at reading people. The same guy introduced himself to me. It turned out the guy (Martin) is one of the owners.

Anyhoo, onto the food.

We were on the Pre-Theatre Menu as we were off to the Gaiety at 8pm
    Its €35 pp and IMO its worth every cent.

The menu in the link is slightly different now. Fish changes with availability etc...

Just so you know theres a option to have your starter and main course before you go to the theatre and then come back for dessert and Tea/Coffee - brilliant.

Here's what we ordered. My choice is first and the gf is second.

Starters:
    White pudding boudin, potato pancake, onion compote, apple purée.

Brandade of cod, avocado purée, clam vinaigrette

Mains

Pan Fried Turbot with Celeriac Mash, Leeks and Bacon and I forget the sauce(damn) - This was unbeleivealby good.

Stuffed Rabbit with Butternut Squash Risotto.

Desserts:

Poached meringue, almond anglaise, pistachio caramel

Chocolate terrine with Caramel Ice-Cream.

Also...
    When I got my dessert there was a Candle stuck to the dish with a personalised Happy Birthday message written in Chocolate Sauce - Service ++

Coffees/Tea are included also.

I really can't stress enough how excellent the whole dining experience was.

Although it is considered one of the Best places in Dublin ( or Ireland ) the place didn't feel posh or elitest (sp?).

Excellant Food and exceptional service turned a good night into a great one.

Well done Chapter One.

Go there and enjoy it. Book early though (about 2 to 3 weeks to be sure)

Q

Advertisement