Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Hosting

Options
  • 30-10-2006 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Hi people,

I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but can somebody recomend good cheap web hosting? I've the domain name already & I'm just looking to upload some music and a bit of flash, so 30MB should do the job.

thanx
    S.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Remember that you get what you pay for!

have a look at the list of hosting companys in the hosting forum:-
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57012

If your target audience is Irish then go with an Irish host so that search engines can locate you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Most of the Irish hosts have plans frmo 30-40 euro per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

kbannon wrote:
    If your target audience is Irish then go with an Irish host so that search engines can locate you!

Just to add to that ....

Ensure that the host you are using actually has servers in Ireland. There are a number of Irish hosts who are simply reselling space on US servers, so from an SEO point of view they aren't Irish at all

Advertisement