Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new eten ppc-phone: glofiish x500

• 30-10-2006 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    anyone with any info on the new eten glofiish x500 due out later this month.

from what i have read the specs are outstanding:
    discrete form factor
    approx. 15mm thick
    wifi b and g
    sirfstar III gps
    bluetooth 2.0
    gsm/gprs/edge (no 3g though)
    fm radio
    samsung 400mhz processor
    2.8 inch screen.

the htc artemis/3300 is the only device i can think of with the same number of radios but it has a weaker processor.

and given eten's good reputation with their previous devices i'm wondering will this device be a "killer" ppc-phone.
    anyone with any other info on reviews, pricing, availability etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kenr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

yeah, thanks.
    that's where i got my information. just wondering if anyone knew anything else though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Drool.

Now there's a phone with everything in it.

More info here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

tom dunne wrote:
    Drool.

Now there's a phone with everything in it.

More info here.

yeah.
    most if the stuff i read about it on the net is positive. only thing it lacks is 3g i suppose really. not mad about the design either tbh but still...

anyway it's on the expansys site atm. they'll be doing it for €679 iirc from the end of november. i'll probably get it then if reviews are good.

btw how do you think it compares to your beloved atom :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mkennedy wrote:
    btw how do you think it compares to your beloved atom :)

You just had to go to the bad place, didn't you? :D

Everything I want in a phone (don't need 3G) and it has GPS. If I had a known this was on it's way, I would probably have held off buying the atom.

Ah, sure that's the way with gadgets - there's always a better one just around the corner.

• Advertisement
Advertisement