Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powerscourt Waterfall C&C

• 30-10-2006 2:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Took this shot yesterday, critiques and commenst welcome.

35395.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭mtracey

Good job, well done. Could be improved if the rock on the left wasn't there
    but I'd imagine you can't do much about that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭digitalage

I would have liked if the rock was'nt there myself, I might go out again during this week and try a different angle to elminant the rock. I would'nt visit this place again during the weekend as it was very overcrowded with tourists, might be better on a week day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think its spot on, I wouldn't have anything changed in it, almost like cotton wool or a sheet hanging down. Smashing work, thanks for sharing and do post again.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Yeah - the rock on the left is a bit of a pain but overall I think it is a lovely shot!

Thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Great picture - superb colours!!

Wont bother talking about the rock as thats been discussed to death now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

very good shot

well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jules1977

That shot looks a bit airbrushed sorry. But looks good whatever way you did it :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

amazing shot. Do you mind me asking what shutter speed was used and if you used any ND filters to get that effect. It's very effective :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

It's really striking. Instant wow when I opened it. When I looked at the rock pool at he bottom I felt it could do with being rotated a smidge to the right though.

Edit: Just realised it's a 3.5 year old post. Woops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭YourName

How did this happen???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

These type of shots are so 1 2 3 4...wait I meant to say A B C D, seriously they have all been done and I never understand the soapy water effect that people give priority to over normal real water.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaggyM

I really like this - Nice colours in the surrounding foliage and the milky flow of the water is beautiful. I love the way you can still see some of the sharp rock edges against the soft water. The rock on the left is a little bit of a distraction but not that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭alexlyons

These type of shots are so 1 2 3 4...wait I meant to say A B C D, seriously they have all been done and I never understand the soapy water effect that people give priority to over normal real water.

just because they have all been done before, doesn't mean others can try them. It's a brilliant way to learn the workings of a camera, look at a photo and see if you can get something similar, while working out the best settings to use.

Also, there are arguments for both still water and water than looks to be flowing. Granted it all blends together in most images as it's almost impossible to replicate real life water movement, but if you ask me, water that blends together etc looks much more real than water frozen in the air. Much better sense of movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Maybe for a 1st time Alex but a lot of people they shoot the same scene over and over, I mean do you really believe this was ya mans 1st time! Then again maybe it was the 1st one he was totally happy with!!
    Hate when I kick a hole in my own argument doh!

I understand what you're saying about the water but some people make it more fluffier than the extra large bunny wabbit being raffled for the new heart transplant unit in ballygobackwards. :p

Maybe for a 1st time Alex but a lot of people they shoot the same scene over and over, I mean do you really believe this was ya mans 1st time! Then again maybe it was the 1st one he was totally happy with!!
    Hate when I kick a hole in my own argument doh!

I understand what you're saying about the water but some people make it more fluffier than the extra large bunny wabbit being raffled for the new heart transplant unit in ballygobackwards. :p

true true, but I still feel that everyone is entitled to shoot what they want, as many times as they want, until they get the shot they really want, as you said. but ye, if they've got there shot then maybe its time to stop. although, I've shot some scenes many many times and got the shot I want almost every time, because the lighting changed, different season, the tide was different, a whole host of reasons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Love the image, no idea why people think its 1234 or ABCD lol

Thats like saying dont photograph your babies its been done before..

Keep shooting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jules1977

Well considering I live very close to it, I just see it differently but I am not criticizing the image at all. I think it is very good.

well heres my take on it, i took it years ago with little experience. A good few people have commented that the darkness of the rock on the left adds great depth and interest, due to it being dark but the rest perfectly exposed etc. I think now I could have goten more of the waterfall that should be at the top if you get me

4464829130_395885b4cd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Powerscourt Photo Pimpage !
    Here's mine:

3969455157_3fa4be0eeb.jpg

Advertisement