Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting as sole trader

Options
  • 30-10-2006 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Been thinking about starting a little business where I would be offering a service. There is also opportunities to work as a subcontractor and I could be earning about 1K a week.

I have no idea how to go about setting myself up though.

Should I set up as a sole trader even though later on I may need to employ a helper?

What about tax and everything? Would I need to apply for tax clearance and that kind of thing?

Also, I'll be borrowing about 6K to get started, if I earn 1K a week, and need 400 to live on myself, can I pay 600 a week off the loan so it will only take 10 weeks to repay, or must I pay tax on that straight away or is it only once I hit a certain earning per year?

Anyone know what to do re setting up as sole trader/company with a website name too and then bank account? Can I turn my personal account into my business and personal account?

Cheers!

Advertisement