Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels Close to "the point theater"

Options
  • 30-10-2006 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok mods feel free to move this cause i didnt have a clue where to put it but can anyone tell me any hotels that are generally close from the point theater in dublin, Im going up for a gig in a weeks time and i needs to book a hotel.

Also are there any bus routes going down that way or luas or anythin?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH, these delightful people will be able to help you better. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Jury's Inn Customs House is the closest decent one. 15 min walk in a straight line.

Luas - Connolly Station is closest, 20 min walk.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

cheers, i had just found that one myself im all booked and all set now, any off licences around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

I would have stayed in the city centre, beter choice of everything and you would be only a short walk or taxi away.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If you take the first/second left having left Jury's en route to the Point, it'll lead you into the ISFC area. Quiet a few bars/shops/centras and spars in there - something should be able to sort you out.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

I would have stayed in the city centre, beter choice of everything and you would be only a short walk or taxi away.
    Indeed. That walk down the north quays is a lot longer than it looks and not the safest of areas to be roaming around of a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

yea i suppose but then again im sure there will be another few thousand slayer fans going that way anyway so i think i should be safe, plus add to the fact that this trip has cleaned me out so i cant possibly get maced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Indeed. That walk down the north quays is a lot longer than it looks and not the safest of areas to be roaming around of a night.

Lived there for twelve years, did the walk every weekend at night, perfectly safe, particularly if there is a gig on, you will get a takeaway (cans) in Vallance and Mgraths, its the last pup on the quays before you hit the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Ikky Poo2 wrote:
    Jury's Inn Customs House is the closest decent one. 15 min walk in a straight line.

Luas - Connolly Station is closest, 20 min walk.

I'm sure the good folk at the Clarion would disagree with you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

indeed the centra serves booze, very good prices too, mate lives there, maybe a drunken night thanks to that wee centra

• Advertisement
Advertisement