Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween: Phantom 105.2 goes on-air at noon & Launch Party

Options
  • 30-10-2006 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

The wait is over - Phantom 105.2 goes on-air at noon on Halloween, October 31st. Make sure your tuned is as Sinister Pete and Simon Maher (the other Pete) make the inaugural broadcast and declare the good ship Phantom ready to rock! They will then play the first song chosen from the thousands of nominations received over the past week!

Later in the Village the Phantom 105.2 Launch Party kicks off at the Village with Delorentos, Director, The Blizzards and The Frank and Walters playing from 8pm. The whole venue will be dressed in a spooky theme. Downstairs we'll have the Rock 'n' Roll Rescue Squad doing karaoke with the Xbox Live Gaming Centre demoing the latest games on plasma screens. We'll also be broadcasting live from The Village on the night. If you've won tickets through the web site tickets we look forward to seeing you on the night!

There won't be tickets on sale but there's still a chance to get there! We'll be giving away pairs of tickets all day on Tuesday to the launch party so stay tuned to 105.2FM all day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭ergo

Yay!

10 years after I moved to Dublin and discovered Spectrum FM (Phantom's previous incarnation), finally, Phantom will be up and running officially

the range of songs on the test broadcast is perfect too (and loud and clear here in Rathmines :) )

though I'm 28 now, just like way back when I was a student, I'll be harrassing all my flat-mates, friends, work colleagues, taxi-drivers, you name it, to turn their dials to Phantom and discover the real music radio

best of luck guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

Finally finally Phantom shall return.. wooo

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭QM79

I'm so excited even though I'm not even living in the country anymore. I'll be listening online! Good luck.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Limo

Only an hour to go, woohoo!

Just wanted to say a quick congratulations to all that really have worked their stones off to get Phantom up and running. It's great to see it full time and legit!

All the best for the future...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Best of luck for what we are about to receive. :)

Enjoy the Silence by the mighty Depeche... only for 30 mins more :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm lovin' this countdown.

Have every radio in my house on right now.

Come on Phantom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭saintgaz

This is like waiting for Christmas when I was a kid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

\o/ :D

Hi Everyone!

Welcome back Phantom FM. :cool:

WooHoo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Lolers on the champagne! :D

\m/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

I wish I could hear it in Carlow. sounds exciting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

What was the first song played on Phantom? I missed the 12 noon launch 'cause I was workin'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

The first song was Smashing Pumpkins - 'Today' and the second was The Chalets - 'Nightrocker'. :)

Advertisement