Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exporting in cubase

Options
  • 30-10-2006 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

I've just made my first proper tune in cubase, but I don't know how to convert it so I can play it with wmp. I friend showed be during the summer, but I forget. I do remember it being a tricky(tribky enough so I wouldn't get in from trial and error in a hurry) 3 step process. Any help?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Go to File in the top left and scroll down to export. You should find the varioius options right there waiting for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

I've been messing around there for a while, with no luck.
    Like what do you do with the OMF file?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

Set the Left and Right locator at the top to the Start/End of your song (or just select all the parts and click 'p')

Go to File -> Export -> Audio Mixdown

In "File of type" select MP3 (if all you want is to play it in WMP and put it on the net). Attributes should be 192/44.1 or so, up to yourself though.

That'll export it to MP3.

Cheers!

The resulting files are huge. How do you make them smaller?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

OTliddy wrote:
    The resulting files are huge. How do you make them smaller?
    Do you mean the final mix downs? How big is huge?

Advertisement