Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Penalty Points Today

Options
  • 30-10-2006 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭jammie

hh

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Good to hear :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You deserve everything you get.

tbh you completely deserve them

go get a handsfree installed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Well done Garda!!! need to keep up the good work!!

Awww, and no one quoted it! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

First person I have heard to get points for it.

At the Ryder Cup I was coming out of one of the car parks. Stuck in slow moving traffic and I needed to make a call. Driving up to the junction to where the cop was directing traffic, still on the phone. Forgot all about it. He starts waving at me, making a phone symbol with his hand. Finally clicked what he was on about :D Just put the phone down and kept on going. He just laughed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What happens now?? Have never been pulled before so am clueless :mad:

Have no sympathy and doubt many others here will have either.

What happens next is you get a letter in the post saying you need to pay the current fine or you can contest it in court (and probably double up your point tally too as you were caught in the act and would be wasting the courts time).

IIRC people talking on the phone are just as likey to cause a crash as someone with several pints on them..so just pay it and turn off the mobile (or divert all calls to your vmail) when you drive in future.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

How much was the fine btw?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

He obviously has realised what a muppet he was as he's edited his post, you deserve all you've got :)

Get hands free in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Pacifico wrote:
    How much was the fine btw?
    Probably €80, that is what it is for a standard speeding fine.

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote:
    He obviously has realised what a muppet he was as he's edited his post, you deserve all you've got :)

Get hands free in future!

Pity I didnt quote, then everyone could see what a muppet really is!!:D

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

IIRC he was complaining that he was only on it for ten seconds etc. Might as well lock the thread as they obviously don't want to talk about it anymore.

Remember kids, no talky talky drivey drivey.

MarkR wrote:
    IIRC he was complaining that he was only on it for ten seconds etc. Might as well lock the thread as they obviously don't want to talk about it anymore.

Remember kids, no talky talky drivey drivey.

Well he shouldnt be on it for any secs, saying he talked for 10 secs, how long did it take him to get the phone, check who was ringing and then answer the phone? aload of cr*p saying he was on it for 10 secs but then 1 sec is too long

There is no reason anymore to say I havent got a car kit installed, they are handing out the kits for free with any new phones and it only costs about 30 quid for a new one. I got little bluetooth headset for 30 quid a good while back and works a treat, havent put in car kit because I was due to change car but will prob stick it in now. NO EXCUSE and I hope the Garda throw the book at him to the max limit they can!!

Advertisement