Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need ideas quick for a Pirate costume!!

• 30-10-2006 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Tea towel=bandana. One time I substituted a hook with a whisk from the electric blender, the was more of a modern pirate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Just put a bedsheet over you and cut eyeholes, if anyone asks just say you're the ghost of a pirate.
    Don't forget your "yarr","harr","narr","matey" etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

check to see if theres a chicken in the fridge. If there is put it on your shoulder and say its a parrot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

an empty rum bottle,
    make buckles for your shoes from tin foil, lol
    a couple of black teeth

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Don't forget the bling! Pirates love their jewellery, the more the better and the tackier the better too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Roll your trousers up and try to smell like grog.

Some minor pillaging also adds effect!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Tie a plunger to your knee then bend your leg to have an instant peg leg. A walking stick would be handy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

Even better (or rather cornier) just attach some clothes pegs to your leg for a genuine "peg leg".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved to F&A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Does F&A mean what i think it means, or is it just wishful thinking?

• Advertisement

Burn the end of a cork from a wine bottle and then rub it on your face for that stubble effect you can only get from being months at sea(or a cork).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Some Blank CD's and badly printed CD inlays. Obviously you are a software pirate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

thrill wrote:
    Does F&A mean what i think it means, or is it just wishful thinking?
    Fashion&Appearance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

me and my boyf dressed up as pirates on sunday night pic attached I did his make up myself (black eyeshadow, mascara and liner) and he got the costume on ebay but it would be easy to knock up your own one - get some brown and red material from a material shop and wear a white shirt he got the wig in a local fancy dress shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Dec McC

me and my boyf dressed up as pirates on sunday night pic attached I did his make up myself (black eyeshadow, mascara and liner) and he got the costume on ebay but it would be easy to knock up your own one - get some brown and red material from a material shop and wear a white shirt he got the wig in a local fancy dress shop.
    you went a bit heavy on the make-up - i can hardly make out his face!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

he is boards shy

Advertisement