Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia PC Suite

• 30-10-2006 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Does anyone else find this software blatantly useless?

I tried to use it today to selectively delete the text messages on my phone.. thinking it'd be quicker to use the Nokia PC Suite than to go through each message on the phone individually. Now I did have 250 messages in the inbox on my phone. I opened the messages section of PC Suite.. and it immediately kicked into updating messages...

20 mins later it gives me an error message saying the operation could not be completed. Hey presto... 450 messages now in my inbox on the phone. Many are duplicates, and the order is all over the place.

ARGHH!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

What phone is it ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

BreadBoard wrote:
    What phone is it ?

Its a Nokia 6233...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never could get the thing working properly when I needed to when using several phones over the years, so chucked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭yapyap

CD in box probably out of date by now so may need to download latest version, but it is a load of crap anyway. I only use it to instal software on the phone.

I just manually went through them last night and deleted them. I've about 60 left that I want to hang onto, but theres no date order to them so its a bit confusing. Any idea how to get the phone to reorder the messages by date?

Its the latest version from the nokia website that Im using.. I figured the CD version might be a bit out of date.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It is an absolute crock of **** alright.....installed it once myself for a Communicator and it was horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

Though it has improved from being totally sh1t to being marginally useful.... it is incompetent at backing up data. If you install any 3rd party programs at all it hangs on backup. Worthless for that but pretty good at installing apps (NOT music) and syncing with outlook et al.
    In summary... bloatware that provides marginal functionality. Use it but never rely on it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

I have the version for the 6230i and at first it was ok, but then it didn't let me upload text messages I had saved from my old 6230 onto the new phone.

Now it appears the software has changed the format of them and it looks like I've lost them altogether.

Also I forgot one day when backing up my contacts what the priority was (you can choose Outlook contacts of Phone contacts) and the bloody thing deleted about 350 Outlook contacts.

Luckily they were business ones that I no longer really needed, but if they had been important I would've been very pissed off to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

its brutal..i could never get it to work with 6230i on windows.

I now use the 6230i with my mac which i have paired via bluetooth and using isync i can sync contacts an calendar with unbelievable ease.

If i set up a new contact or calendar event on either the phone or mac during the day,both update automatically via isync.

all i had to do was let the macs bluetooth discover the phone...no software to load.

Yesterday I tried copying a Radio 4 mp3 file onto my phone and the software kept crashing.

Never happened before so very annoyed. Going to try it again now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Just as well I can't get it to work on Vista RC2. It would never recognise my phone half the time.

I recommend you disable the Sync tool from startup as it seemed to work better.

Does anyone have success when doing a backup of both phone and memory card? Mine always hung around 70%.

PC Suite can't play my 3gp files even though it has a special player for it! What a joke.

Desperate for something to pass the time on my bus journey today, I eventually figured out how to transfer the mp3 file onto the phone's memory card.

I had to go to file manager and drag the file from the PC desktop onto the memory card....and it worked. At least I know for next time.

So the 6233 is around a month old. I decided to download the latest version of PC Suite to back up the bits and bobs I have on it.

All goes fine until it gets to 80% and says "backing up phone" (after messages, contacts etc).. then it hangs and says it has lost connection with the phone. It happened on the two different PCs I tried.

Any ideas before I go mental? All I want to do is back up my stuff!!

Advertisement